Ge2g
30/06/2016

wake up at 6:00 AM and Running

Posted in Staying quit 11 Jul 2016

after quiting I began running more actively. I get up at 6-7 AM and running 3-4 times in a week. after quiting I don't have shortbreathings while running and I'm happy.

• WhiteWillow July 11, 2016 | 21:22
    I did the same, it's very satisfying knowing your lungs won't be exploding. I do find Monday morning runs tricky but weirdly enjoying it. Well done, keep going.
  • IC July 11, 2016 | 22:42
    you guys must have got out early well done !!

my lungs are still burning 104 days latter so maybe I left it a bit to long but I can walk for 1/2 hr and up a hill too LOL

I live in hope that well 30+ years of sucking crap down my lungs can heal and this is what we all must have is hope and the reality is it could be a whole lot worse for me so I mightn't be running 4 min miles yet but I wont let a bit of emphysema stop me from trying :)

so one day when you see the old fella go flying past you at 6am just say hi IC and I will just wave as I am buzzing on past.

geese I am worn out from writing that :)

well done guys !!

IC
  • Ge2g July 11, 2016 | 23:26
    well done guys, we will cross over this drug
  • WhiteWillow July 13, 2016 | 0:35
    IC, you're hilarious. However, when you do go flying past "old fella", don't forget to give us a smile.
  • IC July 14, 2016 | 0:38
    yes WW I am funny , my ex wife would tell me that and I would get upset , but she was right all along who knew .

yeah I will be waring a red suit with lightning bolts on it you might just see a flash as I go by but I can guarantee I will be smiling :)

I don't smoke so I can have a giggle at my oldness LOL

keep running guys I will see you out there !

IC
  • Hosko33 July 17, 2016 | 18:17
    Im on 32 days free, and reading what you guys and girls are fantastic. Being a big fat bugger was main reason to change life style. Hence smoke free and going to the gym. Only part is nearly coughed up a lung or two along the way. Keep posting your progress as it gives hope to people like myself. Thanks for a bit of inspiration. I needed it and the cravings are still strong.
  • jolynn July 18, 2016 | 1:06
    4weeks/5days! After my emotional meltdown yesterday, I am reading my "ICanQuit" support pages before getting out of bed this a.m.! It is so great to be able to "get on the other side of circumstances" without nicotine. This site is so helpful! Thanks to everyone! Be gentle with yourself today and stay nicotine-free!
  • Tawanda, Nepean Blue Mountains July 31, 2016 | 0:35
    6 days smoke free and I really appreciate reading others posts.Have been smoking for 30yrs.I am trying my best .I am just trying to take it one day at a time.But this has been one of my hardest challenges.I am determine to beat this.Reading what everyone is writing is very helpful .I just like to thank everyone.