WhiteWillow
18/05/2016

Free as a bird

Posted in Staying quit 16 Jun 2016

Hi everyone, I've just reached my 28th day of staying off the smokes. I'm not going to say it's been easy, you would all know I was lying if I did but do you know it's been an interesting road to travel so far. I've had moments of temptation but by distracting myself by doing other things and changing my pattern I've stayed strong and constant. My running has helped to place the focus elsewhere and I'm now able to run 4K without collapsing in a heap, which is major for me. My lungs don't scream anymore and I'm enjoying the freedom of being smoke free. My house smells lovely now instead of a hint cig smoke, even though I smoked outside with windows and doors open it would always push its way in. Thank you to everyone on here for your support and encouragement, I really wouldn't have got this far without you. You're an amazing group of people. I'm so proud to be a part of this.

• Steve01 June 16, 2016 | 19:09
    Great going ww. Before you know it you'll be reporting in triple digits.
  • Farooq, South Western Sydney June 16, 2016 | 21:33
    This is great and encouraging for us. We are on the same path and its my 4th day now. Looking forward to be where you stand now. There are moments of temptation where you really need to be strong and constant, and in this department you have done a great job, hats off

• Flora June 16, 2016 | 22:41
    Soooooooo happy for you WW, that is awesome and congratulations.
  • WhiteWillow June 16, 2016 | 23:47
    Thanks, guys, that's so nice of you all.
    Farooq, it's funny, I remember reading other people's posts when I first stopped and thinking, gosh I wish I was at that stage now. You will get here, you know, and beyond. Keep busy and keep some gum handy for those moments.
  • IC June 17, 2016 | 0:50
    well done WW 4k's amazing I am aiming for that in my next life LOL seriously when I was young and fit and playing sport I couldn't run 4k .

so well done !!