furs7
9/05/2016

If I can do this anyone can

Posted in Hints and tips 25 May 2016

I sont normally explain my personal life but today i will, in the hope that even if just one person gets inspired by it, it would make me happy. Today i am 18 days smoke free with the help of will power and Champix. I smoked a packet of 25's a day for the last 25 years. I smoked bongs for 14 years every single day. I smoked ice for 2 years every single day. I have been drug free for 2 years now and like i said smoke free for 18 days. Be strong you will succeed.

• IC May 25, 2016 | 14:29
    well done and keep up the great work !! you deserve it !!

IC
  • furs7 May 25, 2016 | 14:30
    Thanks for the encouragement IC. It means alot
  • Flora May 25, 2016 | 14:55
    That is fantastic, well done! I am also on Champix and at half dose, smoke free for 13 days and doing really well. Starting to wean myself off...but that's my personal thing, not for everyone. We can do this!!
  • WhiteWillow May 25, 2016 | 16:05
    Wow furs, what a long way you've come. An epic journey of struggles and, at last, joy and kindness to yourself. You had a lot you loaded onto yourself and you've come through it. You are an amazingly strong person, possibly stronger than you realise. Stay strong and stay in control.
  • furs7 May 25, 2016 | 16:33
    Would like to say a big thank you to everyone that took 2 mins from there busy lives to send such encouraging messages. It really means alot. Also i believe family support plays a huge role. Without my family i wouldn't have been able to come this far. Thanks again everyone and i wish everyone the best on there journey. It's not an easy one.
  • Anne55, Southern NSW May 25, 2016 | 17:57
    Thank you for sharing your awesome road to a free life. So strong! You will inspire a newbie. Good luck and keep posting.
  • furs7 May 25, 2016 | 18:02
    I hope this does inspire someone, like i said it is a long and hard road, but if i did it so can YOU.
  • storm, Murrumbidgee May 25, 2016 | 20:41
    Furs, you are an inspiration, you have had some Hugh Battle's becoming smoke free will be a breeze for you, but always be vigilant good luck
  • weewillem May 25, 2016 | 22:10
    Thanks for your post. My addiction seems so simple compared to yours, yet you managed to escape such a burden. I won't feel sorry for myself again! You must have had a big kick in the pants!
  • furs7 May 25, 2016 | 22:35
    Am soooooo proud of everyone trying to kick this disgusting habit. Again thank you so so so much for everyone who took the time to read and comment on my post. It gives me even more motivation knowing people who dont even know me care in some way.
  • JazzyKelly71 May 26, 2016 | 10:02
    Tank you for being so honest in sharing your experience I have no doubt that this will help and inspire those who visit this smoke free community. We can make changes with our own strength and it is even better with support and love from our family keeps us motivated and committed well done you have inspired me on my mission to beat the Evil Smoking Empire. No going back life is there ahead.
  • furs7 May 26, 2016 | 10:45
    Great to hear inspirational words from so many people.
  • Mummabear+3, South Eastern Sydney May 26, 2016 | 19:50
    That's an amazing accomplishment. You should be incredibly proud of yourself. I'm on day 4 of no smoking, it's tough but I know I can do it :-)
  • furs7 May 26, 2016 | 21:31
    Thanks mummabear. Your doing great keep up the good work
  • Lia May 26, 2016 | 21:58
    Be it a rocky road or a smooth road, you can always count on this community. Like an extended family when you really need understanding and encouragement.
  • furs7 May 26, 2016 | 22:20
    I have to say this is an awesome community. Absolutely love the support and well wishes on here.
  • manchild May 27, 2016 | 21:17
    Keep it up my friend
  • furs7 May 27, 2016 | 22:21
    Thank u manchild. Good luck to u to.
  • Jep June 17, 2016 | 20:20
    That would have been hard, go on you !!! Thanks for your inspiration...
  • katiekeen, Western NSW June 12, 2017 | 13:10
    really impressed to read your story and inspired to keep going for a better future...I think addiction can be.among other things, a way of swallowing down hard stuff in ourselves or trying to escape pain, as well as the horrendous facts of how easily our body and brain can become addicted to all kinds of poisonous substances. It's challenging, to say the least, to take control of the mind and body but no matter what we can't control in our lives, this is is one tough challenge that we all have the power to overcome...thanks so much furs7.You are a champ!