Iwillbeatit
Western NSW
5/11/2015

203 smoke free days

Posted in Staying quit 21 May 2016

When I joined this site over 6 months ago I read the stories of those that were 100 or 180 days and thought wow I hope that one day that will be me. After smoking for over 37 years with numerous quit attempts, it felt like a pipe dream. Well I have passed my first personal milestone of 6 months and now am on my way to a year. At times it has been hard and I still have a craving every now and then but those cravings are no where near as strong as they were in the first few weeks. I say to myself do you really want to smell like that again, bring back the nightly cough, throw $80 to $100 bucks a week away and repeating that has become enough for me to stay on the right path. I wish everyone well in their journey and my best advice is to keep reading the inspirational stories on this site, exercise, drink water, try to eat healthy and find a hobby you enjoy especially if it involves keeping mind and hands occupied. Good luck to all for a smoke free future.

• storm, Murrumbidgee May 21, 2016 | 18:01
    Thank you for sharing, I know what you mean today is day 67, I can only hope that I can do what you have and remain smoke free for 6 months. It is really good to know that we all have similar experiences
  • WhiteWillow May 21, 2016 | 18:19
    Well, I'm now who you were 6 months ago. I'm just entering day 3. At the moment I'm just getting through 1day at a time, hopefully I will then see 1 week at a time. you're an inspiration and I look forward to 6 months time when I can be saying the same.
  • IC May 21, 2016 | 19:02
    all great advice Iwillbeatit, and well done 6 months that's huge and inspiration for us all as well as yourself :)

well just think 4 x 12.5% rises in smokes in the next 12 months, the 100 $ a week I am saving wont buy half it did in 12 months it really is an expensive addiction in many more ways than one !!

well do again !!

IC
  • weewillem May 21, 2016 | 20:53
    Thanks ibeatit, I've not made it past 3 months, but am now really looking forward to bypassing that milestone
  • Fullofhope, South Eastern Sydney May 21, 2016 | 22:29
    Sincere congratulations to you. We know, here, what you have conquered to reach this milestone and I am very impressed. Your story is the sort of one that continues to motivate me on my journey. I am pretty sure I won't smoke again but I think of it just about every day, mostly in passing.
    Well done and thanks for sharing.
  • Iwillbeatit, Western NSW May 22, 2016 | 13:08
    Thanks everyone. It is good to see the support of old and new is still going strong.
  • Flora May 22, 2016 | 14:44
    That is awesome, congrats. Still early days here...day 10 without smoking, no withdrawals or cravings, just the 'thinking' of not smoking slightly annoying. Looking forward to being where you're at.