Larney11
Northern NSW
4/05/2016

Still using NRT to get me through

Posted in Quit experiences 19 May 2016

The good thing is , I don't feel like a smoke at all, but I do want to attemp to get of the spray now. Problem is, I am addicted to it, and I'm trying to raise a 3 year old on my own , I have no family or friends for support . I moved to a new town a year ago.

So each time he throws a Tatrum or has a meltdown , I start freakin out and head for the NRT.

He is a beautiful normal 3 year old, but wow!!

If I could just get a few days off from him, it sounds mean but I really think it would help me focus on myself. I could go for walks when I felt like it, sleep, things like that. Just 3 days.

That's all.. Thought I'd just share .

• IC May 19, 2016 | 2:11
    don't think anyone is judging you if they are they have never spent time with a kid.

thoughts are with you, can you get day care a couple days a week?

IC

• Siobhain-Marie May 19, 2016 | 3:46
    Awww Larney11
    I hear ya!! I'm raising my almost 10 year old grandson and we all get those days 😭 He has special needs but he's a great kid 💛 I'd be lost without him 😊 Don't feel guilty for being normal 💛
  • Larney11, Northern NSW May 19, 2016 | 6:24
    Yeah IC , he does have 2 days daycare, the problem is he comes home a terror..lol . I need 3 days 3 nights. He has been recently diagnosed with SPD (sensory Perception Disorder) . 3 days and nights would get me off the nicotine without losing my cool and yelling at him for some little thing. I don't want to take nicotine withdrawal out on my child. He gets up at 4.00am ... Love him to bits 😋
  • Larney11, Northern NSW May 19, 2016 | 6:31
    Thanks Siobhain-Marie, I wasn't going to post that, I thought I'd be harshly judged. The thing is , I have to be healthy first to be able to give him my 100%.
    Nicotine, really, It is such poison. Thanks for sharing. Your son sounds wonderful too . You are blessed. 😋
  • JazzyKelly71 May 19, 2016 | 11:19
    I am wondering if respite services maybe an option in your area to give yourself some much needed time for you just a thought. Well done on giving up the smokes I still use NRT I gather its the lesser of two evils as I can get frustrated and angry at the stupidest of things. Mindfulness has helped at times and walking away ad coming back to it later. It is a bit hard when you have 3 year old and you are on your own, keep strong and all the best.
  • IC May 19, 2016 | 15:50
    yes he would come home wound up on overload, I feel for you with no help :( we all need some help sometimes.

hope you can work something out maybe some local community services can help try looking at your local community centre they should have a book of all the local services available maybe one of those can help.

good luck and I am sure if you look you will find some sort of help :)

IC
  • Larney11, Northern NSW May 19, 2016 | 22:11
    Yeah thanks , I won't stress about it to much, there's no harm in staying on NRT for however long it takes me. Your right, it's the better of the two evils. I'll wait till his Dad bothers to take him for a few days ..😁
    In saying all that , we had a wonderful day together, we were so busy doing things together, I forgot about taking the NRT, so yeah, there will be easy days and not so easy! But wow, so good to be clean! I'm very grateful for this whole journey and the awesome people here! Cheers!😎☀️🐬
  • WhiteWillow May 19, 2016 | 23:55
    Larney11, please don't be angry with yourself. I don't have kids so I'm not going to make any clever suggestions about childcare, so I will just tell you what I know. You've stopped smoking, that's brilliant! Do you have any idea how brilliant that is? Stop beating yourself up about the NRT, seriously, one step at a time. It sounds like you have your hands really full so cut yourself some slack and be kind to yourself. It may not be very helpful but what about waiting until he goes to bed checking out some guided meditation online. There are ones for 10 minutes, now 10 minutes to yourself is a start right! I hope this helps a little.
  • Larney11, Northern NSW May 25, 2016 | 18:58
    Thanks WhiteWillow😊I see so many cold turkey stories and people saying it's the easy way out using NRT, but it works for me. And at the moment, anything is better than smoking for me. I know I'm addicted to it, and it will be a 3 day battle coming clean off it, but in my time, I'm 51 days I think smoke free, So yah, thanks for the kind words ... So proud of you too, your doing great... 😋🌷
  • Larney11, Northern NSW May 25, 2016 | 19:01
    I for got to tell you I am Meditate a lot. I use an app called insight timer and I have heaps and heaps of Tibetan bells , binaural beats, you tube meditation and its really awesome for calming. I'm kind of addicted to meditation ..lol Thanks WhiteWillow💚