PallMall
South Western Sydney
20/03/2012

Over $25K saved so far.

Posted in Quit experiences 21 Jan 2015

It's been 1,038 days since I cold turkey quit after 55 years chain smoking non filtered American cigarettes. I just could not afford to smoke so I stopped - I wasn't sure that I could but the miser in me came to the fore and the rest is history.

Mind you I've been tempted but seeing the price rises of the last three years I've steeled myself to the fact that I'm an ex smoker. I must admit that my weight has gone up about 10 kgs but I figure the Zooper Doopers (ice blocks) can't be as bad as the cigarettes were.

So I guess what I am saying is if I can quit you surely can

• JDKeys January 21, 2015 | 21:31
    Good job on your quit! I quit cold turkey 45 and today I feel pretty great . We got this, Not everyday has been easy but the days are doable. I like being a non smoker. Enjoy that extra $ Pallmall!
  • Clean breather January 21, 2015 | 23:16
    That's great news!! Imagine all the things you may have had to go without because of buying cigarettes instead! 1,038 days is a heck of a long time! You should be so proud of yourself!! And yes, last time I checked zooper doopers didn't have arsenic or carbon monoxide in them ;) lol
  • jojie January 22, 2015 | 1:45
    Hi PallMall, Congratulations to your huge accomplisment. Good for you!
  • jojie January 22, 2015 | 2:06
    Hi PallMall, Congratulations to your huge accomplisment. Good for you!
  • FingersX January 22, 2015 | 14:49
    Hi PallMall, Wow ! What an accomplishment . Thank you for sharing as it is very motivating to read success stories. All the best
  • Warts January 25, 2015 | 17:39
    Hi PallMall, Have not heard from you for some time. Great you are still clean and I will pop around for a loan.