Diana
16/07/2013

84 Days Smoke Free

Posted in Hints and tips 02 Oct 2013

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my story.

I started smoking when I was 17 and I'm now 48.  In that time I probably tried to give up once.  However over the past couple of years giving up entered my mind quite a lot but never ever thought I could go through with it!!   As luck would have it I tried three sessions of hypnotherapy and I've now been a non-smoker for 84 days - I also used nicabate mini's which helped me alot.

For those just starting out please don't give up hope - I know it's hard - but keep going because it does get easier, even though you can't possibly imagine it!!!!  Good luck to everyone - if I can do it then anyone can!!!

• Larch, Hunter New England October 02, 2013 | 15:34
    Well done to you 84 days is super! 30 years is a hard habit to break so you've done really well and should be proud of yourself, and thanks for coming back to give us just starting hope and inspiration
  • TanyaBee October 02, 2013 | 15:43
    Well done Diana. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • sconie October 02, 2013 | 17:01
    Thanks Diana for sharing you story with us all,like you i was a smoker for 30 years. I have now been a non smoker for 66 days so yes it can be done not matter how many years you have smoked for with a bit of will power and determination so well done to you and keep us updated it all helps us on this site.
  • converse October 03, 2013 | 5:25
    Hi Dianna, 84 days is awesome good going!!!! Keep up the good work.
  • Sonya, Western Sydney October 03, 2013 | 8:52
    Your inspirational, Diana - thank you
  • john_syd_west, Nepean Blue Mountains October 03, 2013 | 22:30
    Dianna, fantastic 84 days WELL DONE! I too was a dedicated and highly experienced smoker some 40 years at 35 to 40 a day. AND I too went through the hypnotherapy sessions and thus far have been smoke free for 147 days. I cannot speak too highly of hypnotherapy MIRACLE CURE!!! First session down to 4 cigarettes after second session ZERO no NRT nothing but 3 1 hour sessions.
  • Gammy, Hunter New England October 04, 2013 | 6:48
    well done, thats fantastic!!
    keep up the great work xx
  • Diana October 04, 2013 | 9:56
    thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement!!
  • Vickim2, Hunter New England October 08, 2013 | 10:45
    Hi Diana, I have just been to a hypnotist as well I have another session this Thursday but I did slip and have two on the weekend. Did you stop after your first session?
  • Diana October 09, 2013 | 9:13
    Hi Vickim2 - no I didn't stop after my first session even though I tried!!! By the second one I was pretty determined to stop, good luck.