Mix
24/06/2013

When you wake up/ smoking on the way to work/ smoking work mates

Posted in Hints and tips 25 Jun 2013

1. Last night I kept busy to keep the cravings at bay by baking cup cakes and making chicken curry for tonight!!!

2. Woke up this morning and I felt like a cigarette. I had my Champix with loads of water, played with my cats and skipped coffee as it triggers my need to smoke.

3. Drank water in my car and did deep breathing as this seem to help me when I get anxious about smoking.

4. At work I try and avoid going near my work mates when its smoke break. I'm lucky enough to be able to listen to music with headphones on, that also helps to eleviate the craving by focussing on the music.

• kanga508 June 25, 2013 | 18:51
    Hi Mix you are doing well you know your triggers and you work around them.keep up the great work

kanga
  • Mix June 25, 2013 | 19:04
    Hi Kanga, thank you so much :-) I want to quit and will ride the wave and rocky road until the end!
  • goonellabah2002, Northern NSW June 25, 2013 | 20:40
    Good strategies and they are working well for you. Keep going and keep us informed of your progress.

Well done.
  • Mix June 25, 2013 | 20:45
  • NeverNeverEVER June 26, 2013 | 6:46
    it does get easier Mix ...you are doing so good at your strategies.
  • NeverNeverEVER June 26, 2013 | 8:55
    Thought id add - my hubby just had a smoke. He smells lol he was inhaling that thing like there was no tomorrow - he had a couple of coughs and kept dragging.

I thought to myself, there is truly nothing to envy. So very very sad that his mindset tells him he gets benefits from this act.

I am day 14 today but truly i do not envy the smoker or the smoke or the act in itself - or anything. When around your workmates etc - try to look at them with envy but with sadness or sympathy for their addiction.