goonellabah2002
Northern NSW
9/04/2013

WOW 111 days smoke free

Posted in Quit experiences 19 Jun 2013

Hi Everyone

Well I can't believe I have made it this far and feeling so great about it too.  In the past I have always fallen off the wagon but I feel this time round it is different.  Maybe I was ready thsi time round or maybe it was because I used the patches however whatever the reason I am still smoke free.

I am no longer on the patches as I stopped that weeks back when i kept forgetting to replace the half patch I weened myself down to.  I still have a full box of patches as home and a script for another month but I doubt I will need.

I have managed to not put on any weight but that is because I have made sure that I attend the gym more than what I did before I gave up.  Prior to giving up I used to go 3 times a week but now I go at least 9 times.  It is a matter of getting up at 6am and going to the gym before work and so for me to do this I pack my bag the night before with my clothes that I will need for work, towel, toiletries etc and then I put these in my car so that all I need to do is get up and clean my teeth and get dressed.  I organise someone that gets up after me to feed my animals but luckily I do not work everyday so i can feed my darlings most of the week.

I very rarely have an urge for a smoke and can go out with friends and have a few drinks without even worrying about a smoke.  That was the thing I feared the most was that I would not be able to handle it.  It has helped with having the smoking laws in place so that the smokers are secluded in another section.  I have gone into these sections but OMG does the smell put me off, I last a few minutes as I am almost choking to death.

Humble.....your half of a smoke yesterday.....put it behind you as on my 60th day or so I had a smoke and was quite peeved off with myself and it wasn't until someone posted what percentage that was in the 60 days did I build a bridge and get over it.  It doesn't matter so long as you don't get tempted again.  I have a friend that still smokes but most of the time now I don't even sense it.

It is soooooo glorious to feel this way and I encourage you all to keep on going with your smokefree plans.  All the best eveyone

• Suzi, Illawarra Shoalhaven June 19, 2013 | 15:56
    Wow alright ,that is fantastic,it is amazing how good you feel when you don't smoke,I am on 66 days ,well done and keep going....
  • AMD, Mid North Coast June 19, 2013 | 15:56
    thats fabulous and congrats!! I hope to feel the same on Day 111! I have made plans on what to use the $$$ on that I would have used on cigs...so that will keep me on good stead to stay on the smokefree plan.
    My fear is that first time I encounter another smoker...I was the only one smoking at home....couple of weeks I will spend some time with the in laws and they puff away....hmmmm gonna be interesting! I hope that my strong determination and willpower with help me get thru theose few days!
    best wishes xx
  • goonellabah2002, Northern NSW June 19, 2013 | 19:47
    Thank you Suzi and AMD and all the best in your journey also. If I can do it anyone can as I have tried many times too.
  • dr.feelgood, Western NSW June 20, 2013 | 8:33
    are you blind what do you mean the first positive post by that person i thought i was leaving good comments but by your standards it would appear i am not,good for you on 111 days i am 561 days smoke-free my first and only attempt well thanks for that i won't be leaving anymore comments on what was said by you.
  • goonellabah2002, Northern NSW June 20, 2013 | 8:57
    Dr Feelgood I have always thought you must of been a moderator on this site and your posts are quite short and negative and sometimes rude.

Well done on your first and only attempt and as you see on here.....so many have had several attempts but that doesn't make them any worse than you. We are all here to help one another so a bit of empathy is what is needed in replies.
  • humble June 20, 2013 | 13:38
    Hi thanks for your comment it helped me to stop feeling really bad. Lat first I thought I've had this one now I will start again but to my surprise I didn't and really I didn't enjoy the one I had only the first few puffs. Well done on 111 days wish I could say that now but will one day. How many animals have you got. I'm also an animal lover went to be a vet nurse but left because I couldn't handle holding animals when they were put down even though it was very quick.
  • Gammy, Hunter New England June 20, 2013 | 16:02
    112 days for you today,thats excellent. Thanks for posting as this gives us all hope and direction that we to will finally get there as well.
    Well done xx
  • converse June 20, 2013 | 22:00
    Hey well done massive pat on the back for 112 days amazing..... I love you attitude to exercise... good for you...
  • john_syd_west, Nepean Blue Mountains June 21, 2013 | 9:52
    Great effort well done. Inspirational!
  • Trianne June 21, 2013 | 17:48
    Can't wait until I've got day one behind me let alone 111 days. well done- you're an inspiration. Don't think I'll do the gym but I do have two dogs to walk and a treadmill at home so that should help.
  • goonellabah2002, Northern NSW June 23, 2013 | 18:40
    Ty all for your replies. I know you all will give it your best shot also. It just takes time and also taking a day at a time is needed too.
  • Paddy, Northern NSW July 13, 2013 | 21:05
    Well done G'bah, you're pushing 150days. Keep it up. Hope I can do the same.