Winnebago
19/05/2013

11 Days down - 18 Days on Champix

Posted in Hints and tips 10 Jun 2013

Hi All,

I trust you are all having a great Queens Birthday Long Weekend and remaining smoke free.  My cravings are getting less and less now and I have not really thought about smoking at all.  The nausea has definately gone for me.  I make sure that I take my Champix straight after breakfast and dinner.  I have been getting slight headaches though.  Is anyone else getting headaches and on Champix too?  I have slowed my eating habits down now and find that I am no longer sitting on the floor with the fridge door open in the evenings and wanting to eat averything.  How is everyone else going?  Hope you all well.  Neil

• dr.feelgood, Western NSW June 10, 2013 | 17:22
    too much info. take a headache pill.
  • Winnebago June 10, 2013 | 20:46
    Wow Team,
    It would appear that my experiences are not worthy of some people. Dr Feelgood, Why don't you try encouraging people rather than belittling them?
  • converse June 10, 2013 | 22:29
    Hey Winnebago, your story is of value I like reading your posts. Well done on 11 days down it does feel great to achieve it. I haven't been experiencing headaches, but I am experiencing nausea, and doped out of it,not headaches as as such just fuzziness and dizziness, heaviness, half asleep, so I am halving my dose. But it seems like you are over the worst, and are on the home stretch. I am on 5th week of champix (started the 2nd pack today).....and I am 19 days smoke free, which is good. Stay strong and good luck with the rest of your journey and hope the headaches go soon.
  • dr.feelgood, Western NSW June 10, 2013 | 23:11
    hey winnebago, i didn't think i was belittling anybody i was just passing a comment i am sorry you took offence what is wrong saying too much info you were talking about your bowel movement why don't you lighten up and i just said take a headache pill what did you want me to say.
  • JackGarner June 11, 2013 | 7:56
    Hey Winnster - yeah, I get that slight tugging headache as well from time to time and typically it just passes for me. Awesome to hear the craving are down, that's made me feel better. I'm loving the Champix - quite blown away actually. Been pumping the vitamins (don't usually do vitamins, but my doctor said it may be good as my body is repairing and needs an extra kick). Feeling like a new man. Keep us posted!
  • Kellie2185, South Western Sydney June 11, 2013 | 13:55
    Hey Win,

That's awesome news! I am taking half my Champix pill after a meal and I get no nausea that way! No headaches or terrible bowel movements to report (I like how your second symptom has been moderated lol) My hunger cravings have subsided thank god!!! I have put a post up (struggle street) and have included a link in there which helped me quite a lot today & also states cranberry juice can help combat a lot of the cravings we are suffering (also helpful too if you have UTI) so might have to give that a try whilst holding off on the vodka lol! Best Wishes :P