MickeyJ
Southern NSW
20/01/2012

I'm Back .. But in a Good Way

Posted in Staying quit 24 Apr 2013

Hello Quitters! Just checking in for some reason, after 464 days smoke free. Saved $5,336 so far. I hardly ever think about smoking now, although every now and then the thought pops into my head. It's easy to put aside those thoughts now. When I first started on this journey cold turkey, it was super hard. I wanted a smoke every 10 seconds for the first few weeks. Then it got easier, then it got harder again in days 50's and 60's. My big peice of advice for those struggling in the early days is to just focus your mind and push through. I'ts so worth it. Oh, and keep coming back here and writing about how you feel. I couldn't have made it without this site and the quit buddies I found here. Cheers to all my quit buddies if you're still checking in from time to time.

• Sami, Hunter New England April 24, 2013 | 10:10
    Hi Mikey! Thank you for your post. I'm on day 9 of taking Champix and thought if make today my quit day as I've reduced how much I'm smoking the last couple of days... But OH it's so hard and all I can think about is "just one" "it won't hurt to just have one" it's killing me. So I thought I'd come on here and your post has given me a push in the right direction. Thank you!
  • goonellabah2002, Northern NSW April 24, 2013 | 19:26
    Hi Mickey

Day 50 something here and I have saved almost 1,000 already. Thanks for the good advice and we will pass on to others that join.

Roberta
  • Roseyk April 24, 2013 | 21:00
    Hi Mickey,

First time I have signed in for months and months and how funny I see your post. 530 days smoke free for me. Not that I'm counting anymore, just saw it as I signed in. Like you, I barely think of smoking anymore. So glad to see you are still doing so well:)
  • Gerry1 April 25, 2013 | 9:43
    I was wondering where you had got to Mickey. Especially when our one year mark arrived I thought you would post.
    But great to see you still off the cigs and nice to see you drop in to say g'day.
    Seems a long time ago that we both first posted on here.
  • NowaNonSmoker!, Western Sydney May 01, 2013 | 23:23
    Oh wow. Signed in - first time in ages and there you are - still giving wise advice. 486 days for me and going strong. Good to see you're doing we'll too. Good to see Rosey and Gerry are still doing well too. 😋
  • PrincessP May 08, 2013 | 23:24
    day 79 for me and its getting easier each day, I haven't really wanted a cigarette but have had tense feelings, feeling like something is missing. I was on Champix for a few week prior to stopping, and some weeks after i stopped taking them i experience severe depression and was crying each day for a bit and felt a bit crazy, i think it was the Champix. I notice that I can breath better, smell things I couldn't smell before and don't feel as tired as I did before. So the benefits are starting to pile up.