Leeann
Central Coast
18/06/2018

No. 1 Cheerleader for my daughter

Posted in Staying quit 18 Sep 2021

So I managed to encourage my daughter to quit smoking. Day 6 today for her cold turkey, she had a cold and was left with a cough she was struggling to shake, so I convinced her to quit. She struggled last night and said she found yesterday so hard, she wanted to drive to get a packet, I talked her out of it despite my husbsnd offering her 1 of his🙄 I told her its only a craving and convinced her to have a bath and take slow deep breaths. She told me she feels super stressed, I explained so many things to her that my quit fam taught me. I keep encouraging her and telling her how proud I am that she's choosing to be a winner!!!!!😊 Look out hubby, the winners feeling may just get infectious🤞

• Ariel2121 September 18, 2021 | 22:16
    Wow Leeann,
    That is awesome for your daughter to have you encouraging her and giving lot’s of helpful advice.
    You are a great mum and clearly a great role model.
    Hoping she gets over the ‘yuckies’ and starts to feel the benefits of quitting real soon.

• Happiness September 18, 2021 | 22:54
    It is contagious! Do you not hear the wistfulness in smokers? How they only wished that they too could quit?
    Send our congratulations to your daughter and an invite to follow, if not join us. Congratulations on making yet another believer.
    A genuine WANT and BELIEF go a long way.
  • NOPE-2021 September 18, 2021 | 23:29
    Very awesome! Good going Mom!!!
  • Jessfreeof, Northern NSW September 19, 2021 | 6:54
    That is awesome leeann and you are a mighty example example of what can be achieved for your daughter. Congrats to her and may she continue to follow her mum's lead🙌❤️🙏
  • Leeann , Central Coast September 19, 2021 | 11:09
    Thank you all so much, it is the best feeling to share and encourage others just how achievable it really is😊😊
  • Robn September 19, 2021 | 17:45
    Awesome Leeann, yep let’s hope it spreads....lol
    It is so hard to explain to others just how fantastic quitting is. We get so stuck in a rut and change is scary.
    But how wonderful it is to break free.....so worth a few uncomfortable days.
    Now for hubby...lol