NOPE-2021
28/07/2021

4 Weeks = Benefits slowly rolling in!

Posted in Quit experiences 30 Aug 2021

Hello QuitFam... Me? I have not been this far, YIPPEE!! I am just reporting that after 4 weeks, I am beginning to see benefits of not smoking:

==> I HAVE MORE TIME: I went outside to my "smoking spot", stood (or sat) there for an average of 5 minutes per cigarette, add another minute for the "travel time" to and from my smoking spot"; that's 6 minutes. I was a one pack (20 ciggs) a day smoker. This adds up to 2 hours a day! I WASTED TWO HOURS A DAY. Honestly, I have better things to do, and I am doing them NOW!!

==> I SMELL BETTER, MY CAR SMELLS BETTER, MY DOGS SMELL BETTER: No more hiding the smell.

==> LESS STRESS, LESS ANXIETY: No worries about running out of cigarettes or when I can get my next "fix" (especially when I was overdue).

==> MORE MONEY SAVED: The obvious, a 'no-brainer'!

==> I HAVE AN INNER FEELING OF SUCCESS: I am not "trying" to quit, I HAVE "quit"! "I" am a non-smoker.

==> GREAT FUTURE: I will be patient for many other benefits to come to me. I think inside my body is happy for the unnoticeable and silent benefits. I am eager to get more benefits like the ones I have read about,.. bring it on!!!

For those on the fence about quitting, if I can do it, YOU can do it! I smoked for decades, most of my life! I was a confirmed smoker and I had the illusion that I liked smoking, it was my best friend, it helped me when I was down, made the good times better. I finally woke up, that is all an ILLUSION! FAKE! I am happily marching onto 8 weeks and I hope to march together with a team. Join me/us in this march!!! You have nothing to lose but much to gain! Take the first step in this march... NO better time than right NOW.

• Leeann , Central Coast August 30, 2021 | 7:57
    I am thrilled for you Nope2021, I love the way you broke those benefits down, as we can all relate and it resonates and reminds us of just how life altering this decision is!!

You are embracing this change with open arms and positivity, I love it!! Keep up the awesome work Nope2021👍🙌🤍
  • softly40, Mid North Coast August 30, 2021 | 7:58

A wonderful reflection, NOPE, yes for the first time I can join you in the phrase "Fake Illusion", we were given this Fake Illusion in the past as the way to go for every ailment on the planet, and then it became a Fake posturing and a popular fashion accessory. A great attitude along with helping others. NOPE (not one puff ever). Congratulations on 4 weeks of freedom - onward and upward.
  • Happiness August 30, 2021 | 8:23
    i HOPE that your words help others get off the fence. We have faced the FEAR and Forgot making Excuses/ and Accepted the Reality that smoking is just an illusion we used to justify smoking to ourselves. We did not choose to smoke, we got Addicted and then believed it was too hard to quit. You, I and millions of others have escaped and will forever be grateful every day , so that we don't take our freedom for granted and relapse. When we KNOW that smoking did nothing, we will be less inclined to tempt fate and foolishly give up our bright futures as non-smokers. Once we understand the truth , see the truth, it cannot be forgotten.

Such is this picture. Once you see past the illusions, it has less hold. See smoking in a different light. Change your mind, change your future.

See through Pierrot and Celebrate!
  • Robn August 30, 2021 | 17:18
    Well done Nope, you are doing really well. Positive attitude can beat anything in life.
    As Red says, smoking makes you stupid, we justified it in a thousand different ways. Now we know it was all an illusion, what a relief.
    You got this, well done to you. Happy days ahead
  • NOPE-2021 August 31, 2021 | 7:03
    You might not know it, but a lot of my positivity is a direct result from the support of my QuitFam community. Many thanks QuitFam!!!
  • Red-67 August 31, 2021 | 7:17
    You go girl :) All pros, and no cons, in quitting for good :)
    Funny, you should figure up the time. I figured once, that I had wasted at least 3 years of my life actually smoking.. DUH.. All those years, I enjoyed smoking. I wanted to smoke. I never seriously, gave a thought to quitting. Until, one day, totally by accident, I saw how stupid it was, and admitted to myself that I was addicted to smoking. Why else would anyone keep doing it. That was it. They had to go. No doubt,,, SMOKING MAKES YOU STUPID :) But, we are not stupid smokers any more :)
  • NOPE-2021 August 31, 2021 | 8:03
    Umm, @Red-67, now that you have quit smoking, I do believe you are gaining those 3 years back!!! Yippee for that!
  • Red-67 September 01, 2021 | 7:38
    A nice thought, thanks, but I'm afraid we can't get it back :),, especially when you wait till you are 67 to wake up... :)
    For me, it was not the health, or money. I was still able to smoke for less than $ 3 us, a pack. It was the awareness, almost out of the blue, that a little tube of tobacco was running my life. I had never really thought of my smoking as an addiction, until my thought process changed. All because, only to myself, I called a young couple stupid for starting to smoke :)