NOPE-2021
28/07/2021

Day Three = Smoke Free !

Posted in Quit experiences 05 Aug 2021

Yep, I'm still focusing on my journey! I am intimately familiar with "Day 3" as I have seen many "Day 3's", however this "Day 3" I have something I had not had before,... That is the sincere WANT to quit. I think my struggle is not as intense as previous quits.

I'm doing as I expected: irritable, jittery and anxious. Oh, need to mention, somewhat miserable... I'm afraid there's no "easy button" (not for most of us anyway). I had my first cigarette as a rebellious 13 year old so after smoking for 50 years, I guess it's to be expected.

I do feel fine in between feeling irritable, jittery, anxious and miserable. In fact, I do believe I am feeling better today than yesterday.

I think my last attempts were half hearted attempts, kind of waiting for the day I "want" to cave, holding off the "cave" moment for as long as I could. I think those attempts I had it in my head I was not going to succeed (or possibly did not want to succeed?) but this time, I have a different attitude. I WILL SUCCEED!!

I don't want to get too ahead of myself seeing this is only day 3 (and it's not completely over yet), but I think I have a different mindset this time.

I don't want to wish my life away, but I am looking forward to having more days under my belt.

Best wishes to all that are starting on their personal journey. Hang in there!

• Red-67 August 05, 2021 | 8:37
    Don't think of it as a struggle, or even a journey. Embrace it. Let the physical withdrawal wash over you, Yes it will be miserable for a little while, but if that smoke is something you do NOT WANT, it can be fairly easy.. It is all in your mind, and can be as easy as you make it.. :)
  • softly40, Mid North Coast August 05, 2021 | 9:10
    Welcome NOPE, yes the reasons, the desires, are in your mind, you just need to practice NOPE (not one puff ever) every single day, and this will re-enforce your commitment, and belief in yourself. Give yourself a reward when you feel you have done well even a pat on the back. Take a few deep breaths outside if possible. Enjoy your new life every day.
  • Leeann , Central Coast August 05, 2021 | 9:33
    Hey Nope before you know it you will be into week 2. Hang in there and stay focused, you have got this. We believe in you!!!
  • Happiness August 05, 2021 | 10:06
    This time will be different. You have a different attitude toward smoking. This time you are not just abstaining from smoking, but desiring to make a permanent life change. You are using the mindset, more than will and power. There is not such a fight within yourself, you have CHOSEN.

It will get easier as you get along. Many others have all agreed on that. Many will also agree that the mindset does make a difference.

Keep reading, participating and holding the vision of a free you. Keep thinking positive. You are doing great! Keep going.
  • Percy Verence August 05, 2021 | 11:20
    Sounds like you're doing great, Nope! Good for you!

Keep going - keep saying NO to slavery and YES to life!

We've got this...
  • Jessfreeof, Northern NSW August 06, 2021 | 18:26
    Stick with us and your attitude of never give up trying to give up smoking is perfect. I kept at it over and over again until finally success. Well wishes with it 😊❤️
  • NOPE-2021 August 07, 2021 | 9:25
    Thank you all. Your comments are well appreciated and helpful. I do know smoking is something I do NOT WANT, and it can be fairly easy for some, but I find it to be not so easy. However, I also need to say,.. it is GETTING EASIER!!! Yippee!!!

I'm on Day 5 and I do believe I'm on my way! Onward to FREEDOM!!