MyNewLife
12/05/2019

Day ONE almost over

Posted in Quit experiences 29 Jun 2021

I have seen "day one" several times and I hope this is the last "day one" I live through. The day has not been too bad as I have kept busy enough and reading from this site has helped me a lot. Everyone else can do it, so I can too!!! People smoking more than I can quit and are successful at it. Cheers to all of you that are succeeding. This is the first time I even thought about posting something. Like I said, there have been many "day one's" so I thought I would be more dedicated about it this time and tell the world! I am on my way to being a non-smoker!! :)

• Poco, Mid North Coast June 29, 2021 | 11:38
    Yes, Its a life changer becoming smoke free. Good luck!
  • Jessfreeof, Northern NSW June 29, 2021 | 12:14
    Good on you for taking that next step forward 🙌best of luck with it ❤️
  • MyNewLife June 29, 2021 | 19:44
    Thanks Poco and Jessfreeof. Onto day two!
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW June 29, 2021 | 21:59
    good going. we only need to take it One Day at at a time!
    Here's to NoMoreDayOnes.

• softly40, Mid North Coast June 30, 2021 | 7:44
    Welcome MyNewLife, it is indeed a new life, with no false starts this time, practice NOPE (not one puff ever) said to yourself in any form every day, meanwhile keep reading and posting.
  • MyNewLife June 30, 2021 | 7:57
    I hate to be negative, but day two is not going as well as day one :( I will stick with it and just go to bed very early. Thanks everyone for your encouraging words.
  • Jessfreeof, Northern NSW June 30, 2021 | 18:40
    👍❤️
  • softly40, Mid North Coast July 01, 2021 | 8:21
    Just keep on practicing NOPE (not one puff ever), this will see you through. Keep on going, and come back again anytime
  • Happiness July 01, 2021 | 21:16
    We are stronger than we think and forums like this lend support and believe. You CAN quit smoking, and you are not alone. Think positive! It seems than this quit is different in your mind, and that's what counts!
  • JoCl, Sydney July 02, 2021 | 10:01
    How are you going? I have just started my day one and read your post which has inspired me. It helps so much to have others starting the quit journey to chat with and motivate you. Thanks everyone on this site for posting.
  • JoCl, Sydney July 02, 2021 | 10:10
  • MyNewLife July 02, 2021 | 19:49
    Unfortunately, I failed. I did not make it past day 4. Not to say I'm a failure, but I need to work on my mindset more. I will not give up on giving it up! I thought this time was the time. I suppose I don't want to quit badly enough? I don't know what's wrong with me as it is so obvious quitting is the road to a better life (a New Life!). Good luck JoCI, I will be watching how you are doing. My "Day One" will come again, hope to be my last "Day One"! I will continue reading these encouraging posts and perhaps use the patch. I never wanted to use the patch, but maybe it's worth a try. Thank you everyone for your support. I will post in the near future.
  • Jessfreeof, Northern NSW July 03, 2021 | 21:59
    I have no doubt you will get there. You have an awesome can do attitude 🙌❤️