WT
Story
3/06/2021

Starting the journey to quit yet again.

Posted in Getting started 04 Jun 2021

I have started back on champix in another attempt to quit. As they say, dont quit on quitting.

I am turning the big 50 this year, and my family is expanding with the addition of my first grandchild last February 2021. Its been a while building up to this moment, but i have taken the first step. I want to be a non-smoker before my 50th.

Why?

For my family, for me

I am tired of feeling ill and run down

So in this attempt i want to be free

I want to wear the non-smoker crown.

haha sorry bad poetry.

Anyhow, looking forward to sharing. Was previously on Breakroom but it wasnt a great app. This looks like a site to be and be supported and supportive.

Wendy

• Robn June 04, 2021 | 11:09
    Well done WT, fantastic decision for you and your family. The sooner you quit, the sooner you can reverse a lot of the damage and start saving money.
    Stay close to us on here, post often and read lots of stories. Remember one day at a time......just focus on today. Practice the mindset you will read about on here.
    If you 100% want to quit, you can do it happily. That is the key, be happy about your decision and it isn’t hard at all.
  • matik_one June 04, 2021 | 16:24
    Welcome.. you have good reasons to quit, go for them.. you will get them continuosly, once you quit.. what the best is that you can do it, you just need to want it much more then everything else.. we are proof that is possible, I'm more then 1 year quitter and I know, I don't want to smoke any ciggie anymore.. I believe that as i Indians believe
  • Happiness June 04, 2021 | 22:01
    Welcome Wendy. I always say the first step is to want to quit

There are so many reasons to quit smoking and absolutely none to continue. Read and learn. Desire change. Embrace the new you.

Second is to believe that you can quit smoking. Don't let the fear of quitting hold you back. The new acronym for fear is Forget Excuses, Accept Reality.
    We made excuses to smoke, and we are reluctant to make change. We get in our comfort zones and have to be pried out.

I was a 40 plus year heavy smoker. and never thought that I would quit smoking, not that i didn't want to, but didn't think I could. Quit groups , the support, the understanding and encouragement all lead me to finally believe that I too could be a non-smoker. You will too.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast June 05, 2021 | 7:31
    Welcome Wendy, and what a great way to begin again, poetry might be on the menu, every day possibly. Keep NOPE (not one puff ever) in your mind every day, even a poem with NOPE in would work so much better and it will be your very own....Stay close read and learn.
  • Bej June 06, 2021 | 15:18
    So ace you are taking the right steps to quit! What a great time, new grandchild, new you! If it serves as any motivations my husband still smokes, and when he touches my children, he leaves them smelling like an ashtray, no one wants that, it’s disgusting! You got this for you and your expanding family. I look forward to your new posts :)
  • WT June 07, 2021 | 7:45
    Thank you everyone. Well today is my quit day. So far so good. Had a quiet weekend cutting going without nicotein'sco conspirator, alcohol lol, got my first Pfizer vaccine. Feeling happy, let the journey begin 🙂❤
  • WT June 07, 2021 | 7:45