MickeyJ
Southern NSW
20/01/2012

Best thing I Ever Did

Posted in Quit experiences 12 Dec 2012

Today is 331 days since I quit smoking. It is the hardest thing I have ever done but also the best. I guess the saying is true that the hardest things are often the most rewarding. At this point, I think about smoking a couple of times a week. In my first week of quitting it was literally every 20 seconds. That's progress! Good luck to everyone who is on this journey!

• EmKa82 December 12, 2012 | 10:57
    Congratulations! Keep it up! You are doing fantastic :D Im now on day 7 and you are so right when saying the hardest things are often the most rewarding. Too late to go back now! Definitely wouldnt want to either. All the best for the rest of your 'new' life!
  • Mishy, Hunter New England December 12, 2012 | 15:43
    Well done!!! Hope I get there too.
  • 14UJO December 14, 2012 | 10:37
    Fantastic......... Inspires me so much as I'm on day 25 and can't wait to be that far down the track :-) Keep up the great work...
  • Gerry1 December 15, 2012 | 14:48
    Hey Mickey, not long to go to get to 365 days.

In my past 333 days without a smoke the closest I have got to a relapse was in my dreams. Several times now I have dreampt I had a cig - most disturbing till I wake and discover it is not true.
  • Starbuck December 17, 2012 | 16:25
    Well done. I remember reading your posts when I started and thinking I could never get as far as you. Well I have no hope of being a non smoker as long as you because I know you are never going to give in to the filthy weed. However, tomorrow I will be 26 weeks (182 days) clean. Thanks for the posts :-)

Caroline
  • NowaNonSmoker!, Western Sydney December 18, 2012 | 5:43
    Hey Mickey. Good to see you're still on the wagon! 352 for me. Silly season is taking its toll - it's hard but so far so good. Keep up the good work!