K950
21/10/2020

First day coming up!

Posted in Quit experiences 25 Oct 2020

Hi all,

Being in Thailand, nearly 24 hours to my quit date. I'm really looking forward to it. Breathing better and being more healthy. I've already started a walking routine, as of yesterday. I'm just hoping I can quit for the rest of my lifetime. N.O.P.E. is definitely my new matra.

• K950 October 25, 2020 | 0:08
    I meant, mantra.
  • Robn October 25, 2020 | 9:03
    Hi K950, congrats on your decision to quit. Don’t hope you can quit...just quit. If you Really want to quit, you will.take it one day at a time, keep busy and stay focused on your goal. There is no hope or luck attached to it...simply the strength of your desire to never smoke again...you can do this....
  • Robn October 25, 2020 | 9:11
  • K950 October 25, 2020 | 11:25
    Thank you Robn. I just got back from my morning walk. Is it normal to feel like I'm a bit drunk? It's the only way I can describe it.
  • Happiness October 25, 2020 | 11:58
    Hello again. Some people don't feel "themselves" or "normal" without that familiar stick in hand.... but you haven't quit yet.... but in time it will feel right and normal. After all we were not built to inhale harmful substances into our bodies. That felt abnormal at the time too.

You are in the positive frame of mind and doing your homework.....a great start! While nrt's are a very acceptable temporary aid Vaping or smoking e-cigarettes, even zero nicotine ones can seem a safe alternative and hinder a quit, in my opinion. Your mind will not let go of the constant reminders of the past, and I would think cravings would be stronger and so you might be more inclined to keep on puffing and eventually give in to nicotine as well. Just be careful entering that territory.
    Simply making up your mind to quit and to embrace all the positive changes coming your way is the most effective. Thinking positive will ease the way.
  • New chapter October 25, 2020 | 17:50
    Well done for starting your quit today,the advice given above is quality,take it hour by hour,day by day,you can do this.😀
  • K950 October 25, 2020 | 18:28
    Thanks for all the positive advice. It is greatly appreciated.
  • Emmallea1311, Northern NSW October 29, 2020 | 21:02
    Hey
    I have recently started taking champix, im on day 5 and am still smoking but I am feeling super anxious and very teary and also just very alone in my journey, only my husband knows ive started taking champix and its pretty safe to say that he is not a fan of champix at all. I also rang the quitline but felt silly ringing them in this state as I dont even know what I would say to them and don't know what I was expecting to get by talking to them.