Sally4444
Northern NSW
16/08/2012

Tomorrow is 200 days smoke free using E-cigs!

Posted in Hints and tips 15 Sep 2012

Well, tomorrow marks 200 days not smoking, and it's all thanks to my e-cig. I just cannot believe that it was this easy to quit. I wish these were around 10 years ago!

I feel so much better; have loads more money and the thought of having a cigarette is revolting to me. I NEVER want to smoke again now that I vape.

Good luck everyone on your quitting experience.

• Bill44, Central Coast September 15, 2012 | 14:26
    As far as I'm concerned you haven't quit.
  • Sally4444, Northern NSW September 15, 2012 | 14:40
    And that is your unwanted opinion. Thanks for the support BILL!
  • RIDING OLD SKOOL, South Eastern Sydney September 15, 2012 | 14:59
    i quit the 4000+ toxins swapping durries for vaping like sally i still get all the enjoyment i did with smoking but without the cancer causing tar and toxins.
    I hear 'Nicorette" are going to recommending there own branded E~CIG ... going to be funny when its promoted as NRT on sights like this one ~ it will be a fantastic thing people like Bob wont be all cranky stressing out dealing with withdrawal.
  • tossel September 15, 2012 | 17:29
    I am no expert nor anyone's judge. Based on the research, vaping E-cigs seems less injurious than smoking, but the jury is still out on whether they are safe. I went cold turkey after a pack of camels a day for 40 years. The first week was HARD. But since then I am doing OK with help from Allen Carr, Joel Spitzer and this website.
  • rainbow4006 September 16, 2012 | 17:54
    well done sally, my husband has not smoked for 3 weeks since starting on e cigs, i truly never thought that this would happen, and Bill, you really need to do some research, and make sure you comment on every newbie's posts on this site who is using nrt and make sure they are aware that they really havent given up and they are not really on a quit journey, im sure they will never return here again, and you know, i really need to say, that possibly THAT would be the best decision they have made; there is a really horrible element of people here who wouldnt know supportive if it jumped up and kicked them in the face, that element feels THEIR way is the only way, people, take a look at how little support a lot of newbies are getting to their postings on here, and then check out how many postings are getting comments in a negative way, you people should be ashamed, this site is ridiculous, i will never ever come here again, im done with this anti e cig and pulling people down because thats the choice they made, goodbye and good luck to all those new unfortunate people who get on here thinking they will actually find help and support, no matter what method they choose.
  • chookie84 September 16, 2012 | 19:21
    i too am sick of seeing people getting abused for using the e-cigs for their choice of quitting yes they havent quit the addiction but have quit the chemicals that could kill you and lets face it thats it why we made the choice to quit everyone has a right to their choice and if its working stick to it i say Sally keep going and people lets please be supportive towards everyone this isn't hard
  • Bill44, Central Coast September 17, 2012 | 10:20
    To those who have taken exception to my post let me explain my point of view.
    I don't care what method someone chooses to help them quit, but if someone is still on replacement at 200 days then in my opinion they haven't quit, they've merely altered the way they administer their nicotine which, by the way, is a deadly poison.
  • cleaner smoke September 28, 2012 | 17:40
    who cares what bill thinks he probably whinges most of the day about nothing. I too quit with e cigs sally and still enjoy a no nicotine e cig every now and then. You keep going girl
  • Sally4444, Northern NSW October 02, 2012 | 16:16
    Thank you, cleaner smoke!
  • MyTime October 24, 2012 | 13:48
    Sally. I was a 50 a day smoker that quit the day my ecig kit arrived. Just passed my 1 year anniversary of being tobacco free and loving the improvements in health and happiness. I was ready to quit lighting up but too afraid to give up nicotine. I have reduced my nicotine intake by 85% and have absolutely no intention of giving up my use of a vaporiser. The benefits of the switch are huge and a big congratulations to you for continuing to post of this forum where the majority of opinion is against you.
  • Sally4444, Northern NSW October 28, 2012 | 16:59
    My Time, Congratulations on making a year of no smoking!

It pains me to read the stories of people struggling (I've been there) and for that reason I will not stop posting on here, despite the antagonistic messages I receive.

• MyTime October 28, 2012 | 20:03
    Sally, you are a bigger person than I am. I am still surprised by the bad press vaping gets but until it is recognised by the general public as a viable alternative it will always be contentious. I support everyone's right to choose the method that works physically and mentally for them what ever that may be.