Gemma23
13/05/2020

Positive go's along way

Posted in Staying quit 31 Jul 2020

Hi all so as you all no I went for surgery few weeks ago to remove my thyroid and a couple and weeks later after that i also had more surgery to remove a lesion (lump) on my head just to make sure it wasn't anything bad.

I have has a long 2 weeks waiting for that result and I got it today and thank the Lord it was benign and no need to worry no.more.

I am so so happy and relieved that it's all clear and I can be free now.

I am 7 weeks no smoking and I think it's all paid off now.

Feeling so much better in myself

Was a bit of a struggle this week with cravings but they soon left as I think to myself nope not one puff ever.. 🚭🚭😁😁

• Lia July 31, 2020 | 21:38
    Hi Gemma23. Your operation is no doubt a huge wake up call and you are fortunate that the result was benign. I bet you are still reeling, knowing that if you had continued with your smoking the results of a procedure down the track may be very different. That feeling that something could be seriously wrong is one not worth reliving if one has been tempting fate. Hope the future brings good health. Keep looking after yourself.
  • Gemma23 July 31, 2020 | 21:44
    Thanks Lia
    No will definetly not be smoking again as I did get an awful scare with health. We got everything in time and can be fixed but with stress of waiting for results I did struggle but did not give in knowing everything that just happened to me was Not worth picking up a ciggerate and lighting it. No thank you.
    I've come 7 weeks now and the thought of starting over is enough to be determine to beat the horrible habit
  • Happiness July 31, 2020 | 22:19
    Grreat to know all ends well Gemma. Keep up the good work. Enjoy life as a non-smoker. Far less stress!
  • Gemma23 July 31, 2020 | 22:21
    Happiness thanks alot do read your stories and they give me good motivation aswell.
    Hope.your on the road to recovery aswell and all is well with you.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast August 01, 2020 | 9:29
    Good news Gemma, You have done so well, and yes do keep up the NOPE (not one puff ever) it works.
  • Gemma23 August 01, 2020 | 13:12
    Thanks everyone this weekend we are off to the city problems up big
    And my partner will see I am now not a smoker as he has been working alot he does no I have stopped smoking but hasn't been away with me for the last couple.of weeks due to covid and my health stuff going on but I am happy to be a non smoker and he will.also see that this weekend. Have a great weekend everyone