Mick.p
Northern NSW
Story
2/06/2020

Put yourself on an island

Posted in Hints and tips 02 Jun 2020

When I wanted to stop my 60 full strength a day habit I thought about what might happen if I was marooned on an island, my thoughts would be food and water .

I don't believe that under these circumstances the need for a cigarette would come into anyone's mind.

So I considered that I had put myself on an island and a cigarette was not an option, here I am 22 years later, never since have I had one and never will I and I'm still alive and fitter than I've ever been.

• Happiness June 03, 2020 | 1:51
    Hi.

• Happiness June 03, 2020 | 1:52
    A wonderful accomplishment and thanks for posting.
  • Happiness June 03, 2020 | 1:55
    Puff'no More said he also had a posting issue the other day. I don't understand why my statements of accolades to you and encouragement to others has been flagged even after capitals removed. A simple statemenet of congratulations even. What is going on?
  • Happiness June 03, 2020 | 2:08
    and again
  • Happiness June 03, 2020 | 2:13
    When you feel you have no choice, you live with it, just as we lived, or resigned ourselves to be victims of smoking for many years. We became addict to an insideous drug called nicotine. We came here in hopes of winning a war against a drug and habit/addiction that is causing us great harm, financially and psychologically as well as our health. Thanks to inspiring posts we can find a belief within ourselves that we are strong enough to do as others have.
  • Happiness June 03, 2020 | 2:16
    So you are here and have made the desire known that you want to quit smoking. We hope you find the incentive to continue with your desires. Stop the voices in your head. Don't debate. Your decision is made. We know you can do it. Now you do too.
  • Happiness June 03, 2020 | 2:19
    This message has been flagged as containing strong language that members may find offensive. If you could revise and resubmit that would be great! Thanks for contributing to our community!
  • Happiness June 03, 2020 | 2:20
    A simple thanks and congratulations?
  • Happiness June 03, 2020 | 2:21

What gives? No reason to censor.

• Happiness June 03, 2020 | 2:23
    Is anyone else having issues?