RileyB
Story
4/05/2020

Quit date choose me

Posted in Getting started 04 May 2020

Today marks day 7 on Champix.

I had set my quit date for next Sunday but TODAY choose itself to be the day I quit. Not entirely sure how I feel about not getting the chance to say goodbye but perhaps its better this way.

So far champix has been okay! A bit of nausea in the morning if I don't take it with food. I have been sleeping really deeply and my dreams are a little more vivid but nothing too scary yet. I suggest this might change as I start to withdraw from the nicotine.

I want this... I want to be free so bad.

Instead of being a smoker choosing not to smoke, I am going to be a non-smoker

• Happiness May 04, 2020 | 21:08
    That's the attitude of a winner. Success comes much easier with positive feelings. You will deem yourself a non-smoker in no time! Congrats!
  • softly40, Mid North Coast May 05, 2020 | 8:46
    Welome RilyB You are trusting yourself already, which is a great way to start.
    One thing you need to work on as you continue is Your personal attachment to Nicotine, This is not your friend, so there is no need to prolong any goodbyes, Give it the flick. I was on Champix, half dose, it seems you might be doing quite well on the full dose. Congratulations
  • Robn May 05, 2020 | 11:06
    Hi RileyB, well done to you.....you have nothing to fear....it is not a big scary monster....it is simply choosing to not smoke. Far easier than choosing to smoke. Make the cigarette something you hate for all that it has taken from you....once you learn to hate everything about smoking you will easily achieve your goal. We don’t crave what we don’t want. Stay positive and listen to your heart not your head in the coming weeks
  • Robn May 05, 2020 | 11:07
  • RileyB May 06, 2020 | 12:45
    Hi Robyn, softley40 and happiness!
    Thank you for your kind words. Today is day 3 of my earlier than planned quit and its a little hard than the two before but that's okay. I have read the cravings are sort and pass... I think mine must have missed that memo, they seem to all huddle together and be lasting the day.
    I guess if failing isn't an option, there is no other choice.
  • RileyB May 08, 2020 | 17:08
    Day 5 today.... I go through so many different versions of myself throughout a single day. I read somewhere that when you feel a craving hit/feeling hard done by because you can't smoke that the worse thing you can do is picture yourself having an enjoyable cigarette, so instead I picture the ones I can remember that I didn't enjoy, the ones I butted out early or felt like a chore to smoke. There is actually so many that fall into that category. I wake feeling like a part of me is missing and fall asleep feeling the same - I have had broken hearts that I have recovered from quicker.