Tyg
20/02/2019

Still pushing forward 410 days

Posted in Staying quit 27 Feb 2020

hi everyone just checking in i never get to comfortable or boast but I'm am very grateful to be pushing forward I am not gonna say it's easy but it's fulfilling at this point I have good days I have ok days most of I have nicotine free days I appreciate this group

• Lia February 27, 2020 | 23:23
    Hi Tyg. A nice number... You need to "brag" occasionally. Reaching a milestone deserves accolades from fellow quitters. We all have to remember NOPE. After nearly 5 years, I am still not complacent nor will I ever be. One silly mistake can se us hurtling back where we started...
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW February 27, 2020 | 23:56
    Good on you tyq! Its nice to hear from the legendary Quitters like you and Lia. I agree with you guys,,,, I know I have this beat and I'm so, so grateful. But at the same time I remain humble enough to never ever test this theory out.
    No mater what - I dont smoke.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW February 27, 2020 | 23:59
    Never again
    N.O.P.E
    Not One Puff Ever

No thank you.
  • Happiness February 28, 2020 | 4:20
    You deserve ragging rights at day 410. Although we could slip, after all we are human, we can relax our apprehension if we continue to have the proper mindset. Keeping in touch with this forum and thus your past will reaffirm your commitment as a non-smoker. Why would we want to go back to an unhealthy and dictated lifestyle?
  • Lando, Hunter New England February 28, 2020 | 10:35
    Well done Tyg. It always gives me inspiration to see people who have stayed quit. Thank you for coming back to the forum and sharing.
  • Red-67 February 28, 2020 | 10:40
    I don't understand the concept of having to stay quit, or live under some mantra, after any reasonable time. I hate to think of new members / quitters thinking they will never be free, or that it takes months, or years.. You break free of the addiction, nicotine, and habit, in a matter of weeks. Then it is simply a matter of accepting being a happy non-smoker, or ex-smoker. We don't have to stay on guard. We simply have no reason for one, or one puff. It does not HAVE to be a long, hard, journey.. You just have to really QUIT once..
  • Happiness February 28, 2020 | 18:26
    Well said Red. It is over as soon as you accept. When you accept there is nothing to fight or fear. Know the enemy. Know you are stronger and free.
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW February 28, 2020 | 20:57
    I knew I was due to have my very last puff atleast a couple of days in advance. In knowing that I'd accepted to be smoke free and in a true sense free from that last puff for evermore!
    I like to think that anyone can reach freedom from addiction psychologically the very instant after the last puff. If ex-smokers can have no physiological withdrawal from addiction is a bonus! To have no psychological (mind-games) withdrawal maybe even better.
    I think its fine to remain on guard for a reasonable time and to live by a mantra that supports and reinforces a goal.

What the He*l is a reasonable amount of time to be free of addiction?
    Does anyone know?
    Is it different for everybody?

I use mantra's.
    You dont need to understand why we say, think or use them.

NO MATTER WHAT I DONT SMOKE
  • Tyg February 29, 2020 | 1:24
    Thank you for your input but everyone is different what's works for
    you doesn't automatically mean it's going to work for the next person I personally went cold turkey that doesn't mean the person who uses patches or pills to help them doesn't make them less all I said is I don't want to ever feel like I'm boasting or I have it in the bag once you get too confident sometimes you can fail it's a possibility that doesn't mean I'm not going to push through and so with I will continue to what's best and working for me in fact I don't need a forum anymore either what's the food yaw journey
  • Red-67 February 29, 2020 | 7:46
    Nobody is, or was, judging. The fact that everyone is different, is why we express our different views, opinions, and methods, and what worked for us. In doing so, just maybe something one of us says, will ring a bell for some new, struggling quitter. Some of us only keep coming to try and be helpful to others, not that we need the forum. And, I, for one, only think about what it was like to be a smoker to, just maybe, find the right words to help someone else :)
  • Tyg February 29, 2020 | 9:16
    Red 67 I seen you on other people post going back and forth funny you of everyone decided to reply thank you for your unwanted input I said what I said so please leave and go help someone struggling and maybe something you say to them might ring a bell
  • Red-67 February 29, 2020 | 9:33
    I try to make all my post directed at new, or struggling quitters. We have to assume they are reading them. I am truly sorry if you found my "unwanted input" offensive in any way. Best of luck to you..
  • Tyg February 29, 2020 | 9:48
    Red 67 I'm not even reading your response I'm not fond of High 🐎 quitters so with that being said I wish you well I quit cigarettes 1/11/19 I quit I can quit forum 2 /28/20 thank you for the support but I'll be ok without your imput
  • Happiness February 29, 2020 | 15:22
    while you think that you have outgrown a forum, i hate seeing some fail after a significant period of time because they have forgotten why they chose to quit smoking and what they had learned. Not only will they be reminded but also add valuable insight from their journey to aid others. While each quit may be unique, we all understand what is like to be at the mercy of nicotine. Every story can resonate with a reader and sometimes give motivation and reassur
  • Lando, Hunter New England February 29, 2020 | 22:22
    I'm buying in on this, because it does become pretty offensive to be brow beaten when your not conforming to someone else's ideological methods and mindsets.
    This site has a whole section on staying quit. You guys think you know better than the researchers and people of the Australian government?
    Perhaps its time to join a site in your own countries. Your own people might be more like minded with you and appreciate being judged or bullied. But for me, I don't appreciate it, it's Un-Australian.