shameem
24/01/2020

15 days smoke free!

Posted in Staying quit 30 Jan 2020

Hello people.

Today is 15 days since I had my last smoke. That seems so far away now that it seems like a bad trip. I am grateful and feel like I have been given a second life.

I am enjoying everyday much more. Smoking used to cloud so much things in life. Now I see them clearly and appreciate them more. Even the taste of food now makes me wanna cry tears of joy. I have missed so much.

Still going on walks at the beach with my wife. We have extended it to 1-1.30 hours now and everything seems fine. She is so happy for me that I can't even describe it. Quitting has strengthened our already solid bond and life seems very positive.

Just wanted to share this as a reminder to myself first that I am now a better human being in every way and even a stronger one that I thought I would be. Smoking does leave you in that feel good haze but if you manage to see beyond the illusion, things are clear and there's not a doubt that smoking will bring you a lot of harm.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for their kind words and encouragement.

Cheers!

• Phaidon, Nepean Blue Mountains January 30, 2020 | 21:45
    Great work, love your positive words, well done 🎖️
  • shameem January 30, 2020 | 22:05
    Thank you Phaidon. Hope you are managing on your end dear.
  • shameem January 30, 2020 | 22:15
    Thank you Phaidon. Hope you are managing on your end dear.
  • Happiness January 30, 2020 | 23:31
    i am thrilled that you are elated with your newly found taste buds and your freedom. The end results give you far more than you anticipated. To think we were afraid to end smoking years ago. What a waste! You have nothing to be ashamed about ashameem, So proud of you!

• shameem January 31, 2020 | 2:37
    Thank you Happiness. I do truly feel that smoking during those years has been a real waste. I will try to work on a digital platform for people who want to quit in my country, Mauritius. My way of giving back. I am going to follow you, thus I can say that I AM indeed following happiness! :D

Cheers!
  • Lando, Hunter New England January 31, 2020 | 7:01
    Congratulations Shameem! 15 days is awesome.
  • shameem January 31, 2020 | 15:21
    Thank you Lando for your encouragement. It does feel like quite an achievement. The journey goes on :)