Ado Mac
Story
10/12/2019

Vaping saved my life.

Posted in Staying quit 10 Dec 2019

Over 6.5 years ago I quit inhaling combustible tobacco. I’d tried everything prior. Cold turkey, Patches, Gum, Medication, Hypnotherapy... you name it I’d done it. A friend introduced me to vaping and the minute I tried it, I knew this would work for me. I purchased a unit and liquid and from the moment it arrived I have not touched a cigarette since. Over the next year I weened myself down from 18mg to 3mg and then eventually to zero mg nicotine. After a few months at 0mg I put my vape down and haven’t picked it or a cigarette up again. Vaping saved my life, and it can save yours as well!

• Happiness December 10, 2019 | 18:47
    Kudos to you if you used it to step down from nicotine. How did you handle the psychological aspect of the journey?
  • Ado Mac December 10, 2019 | 18:59
    Psychological aspect of it? ... I’m unsure what you mean. Once I’d weened myself off the physical addiction to nicotine, I replaced the hand to mouth action by drinking iced mineral water with lime. The only time I really think about smoking or vaping is when I’m having a few beers. But my brain knows better.
  • Happiness December 10, 2019 | 19:40
    well, maybe you were one of the few like me with no cravings even after nicotine was out of the system. So you did not join a quit group either?
  • Rikki December 10, 2019 | 19:59
    I like the sound of the ice and lime. I can think of a few things that go well with that, maybe a nice Gin or two😂. Congratulations on quitting. And I hope you have recommendations for people in here who are starting their own journey.
  • Happiness December 10, 2019 | 20:06
    Quitting smoking really can be easy with the right mindset. I quit before reading Allen Carr's book which was helpful to both my husband and daughter. How did you come to join us tonight?Apparently you are not affiliated with a quit smoking group. What was it that made the journey so easy for you?
  • Pisces24, Central Coast December 10, 2019 | 20:10
    Ado Mac.
    Crap
  • Pisces24, Central Coast December 10, 2019 | 20:11
    Ado Mac.
    Crap
  • Pisces24, Central Coast December 10, 2019 | 20:14
    Ado Mac... FAKE
  • Rikki December 10, 2019 | 20:43
    Whoa, Pisces why so much hatred? This is uncalled for! Please remove your comments or I'm going to report you.
  • Pisces24, Central Coast December 10, 2019 | 21:01
  • Rikki December 10, 2019 | 21:07
    You are a nasty piece of work. But more importantly you are wrong. I actually feel sorry for you attacking people in this way. Unbelievable the lot of you hateful people.
  • Ado Mac December 10, 2019 | 21:07
    Happiness, a friend of mine told me about this forum. Said she had read a lot of stories on here about people struggling and that maybe they could benefit from hearing my story. She has managed to quit tobacco but is still weening herself off nicotine using vaping as a tool.

Pisces can I ask why your saying my journey is crap?
  • Happiness December 11, 2019 | 5:38
    Ado Mac. I am sure you were asked by your fellow members to share your story here and that you did gladly in hopes of helping others. Unfortunately you got caught up in the middle of different points of view. While we encourage people to stop smoking, here at iCanQuit we also encourage them to beat the nicotine addiction and learn the mindset to stay smoke /nicotine free.
    Kudos to you if you have done both. Many came with stories of success with vaping, to quit smoking, but no encouragement to quit the addiction of nicotine itself.

I hope you will read about not only the nicotine addiction but the psychological aspect of the journey which seems to be the hardest for people to grasp. While they could simply take up vaping, I hope you and your group would also encourage them to give up nicotine.

Many , not as strong as you or I may simply take the easy way out and miss out on the true freedom of quitting smoking/nicotine.

Have another great smoke free/nicotine free day all.
  • Pisces24, Central Coast December 12, 2019 | 10:04
    Ado Mac..I apologise for saying CRAP. It was uncalled for and a bit ignorant of me.
    I've learnt a lot in these last 8 days. One thing important.
    Stopping smoking and getting over the addiction to Nicotine.