TryingTK
8/01/2019

Why I Hate Smoking

Posted in Reasons to quit 01 Dec 2019

I am gearing up to take another attempt tomorrow so I’m trying to convince myself I hate smoking. Here are my reasons why:

I used to be an athlete now I’m to concerned about my health to train and have gotten fat.

I’m a singer and can’t sing like I used to.

I hate wheezing and coughing after being intimate with my partner.

The tightness in my chest.

My breath.

The constant anxiety about my health.

The money.

• Robn December 01, 2019 | 13:43
    Hi TryingTK
    All great reasons to give it away for good. Take one day at a time..don’t look beyond today. It can become over whelming when we look too far forward. If you sincerely want this you can do it. Stay focused and strong and yes train your mind to absolutely detest everything about smoking...it gives nothing and takes everything. Keep posting and gaining info and support.
  • Happiness December 01, 2019 | 14:31
    Your'e definitely on the right track now TryingTK. Don't be derailed by thinking you can have just one because we all know that you cannot. You are stronger than a thought...you are an athlete with stamina and a goal to reach. If we can do it after decades, you most certainly can. Think positive and aim to be free.
  • Nuts December 01, 2019 | 18:34
    Hi Trying TK and welcome. Yay for you on your decision to quit. You will not regret it. All of the things that you listed in your post will disappear and you will be the winner. Tell yourself that you will have a smoke tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes. When you wake up it will be today again, and today will be yesterday. So each new day will be today, not tomorrow. So as tomorrow never comes, you cant have a smoke tomorrow. If you say you wont have a smoke today, then you will win. Hope you can follow that. Be positive and you will win
  • dstfry123, Hunter New England December 02, 2019 | 7:02
    Hi Trying Tk. I too, was a singer, a runner and after 30+years of smoking slowly but surely eliminated and took preference too what I enjoyed to do. I couldnt vac the house without 6 puffs ventolin and 2 smokes. I would cough until i vomited and/or almost blacked out. I promised myself I would never buy another packet and I havent. I went straight onto the patches and little affirmations telling myself I dont smoke everytime I thought about it. Im still in the early stages but within 4 days, I was breathing so much easier, my workload was less strenuous and i could feel my lungs already de-clouding {if thats a word}. This in itself convinced me, Im never going back now. Give yourself time and you too will realize. Hitting those high notes once again. xx
  • Lia December 02, 2019 | 21:41
    Hi. Have you convinced yourself yet. Do you really need more reasons. You already have good reasons to quit. Focus on them. Sounds like nicotine is extinguishing your life as you knew it. Hope you go cold turkey. Hope you pick up a quit buddy or 2 or 3 or more who are on the same page as you. Hope you enjoy the ride as much as I did/still do with my quit buddies after 4 1/2 years. Priceless
  • TryingTK December 03, 2019 | 2:06
    Well I’ve been awake for three hours this morning, and haven’t had a smoke yet. I have not put the patch on yet but I’m already feeling the cravings stir so I’m going to put it on. Feeling about 7.5/ 10 confident that I can do it this time.
  • Happiness December 03, 2019 | 6:21
    I think 7.5 is pretty good , much better than in the past but that other 2.5 in confidence is going to make the journey even easier. You want this. Go for it. Nothing can stop you when you are on a roll. Think positive!
  • TryingTK December 04, 2019 | 1:14