softly40
Mid North Coast
18/02/2019

Understanding your own quit attempts

Posted in Hints and tips 30 Jun 2019

My own attempts have had had many positive outcomes in my life for the good, but with each failure I was left with the feeling of guilt and being totally inadequate. How was it I could achieve so much with my new thoughts and beliefs yet not maintain my commitment to myself about smoking? I have learned for me that the long term maintenance of growing and being successful (as a person too) in my life Didn't compute for some reason with my desire to quit (I do not like the word Quit) It was and still is a mystery to me but I am learning the why of things along the way. My Belief System seems to be sadly lacking after I looked at this Video.

It is a fresh outlook from the norm which you often see. It bases the physical and internal reward system we can get or we can give ourselves and how we self destruct any of these positive emotions by our lack of Belief or Identity or Emotional Relationship. It challenges your own belief system your own Identity and your own emotions through words. Words are a powerful tool which invoke images and thoughts. So I am hoping to choose my words wisely (to myself) from the past tense to the future tense

Utube Video - "How to grow to be a happy Non-Smoker by NASIA DAVOS on the Ted x Universityof Piraeus Website.

• Leeann , Central Coast June 30, 2019 | 14:52
    Thank you Softly40 I have unfortunately relapsed😢 and im currently trying to pluck up the courage to start over. I listened to that YouTube clip, wow that resonates truth alright, how motivating and inspirational and helpful. Thank you very much, im sure it will help others too. I've been reading posts and trying to find the inspiration and haven't found it until then.
  • Happiness June 30, 2019 | 16:03
    If you found the video to be of value, then i am sure others will as well. Nadia Davos and her cognitive behaviour theories is interesting, and I intend to listen to her program again. You can probably still sign up for a free webinar as i did a few months ago. Don't buy it, but she will send another invitation. Free information and a different view is always good.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast July 01, 2019 | 8:08
    I am so glad it resonated with you Leeann, it seems as though we might have a bit more work to do, but I am powering ahead now. I will be busy in the next few weeks but I hope you will now have the courage to start again and maybe help others along the way. Keep reading and looking and writing down your own thoughts and experiences. Thankyou Happiness a different perspective gives everyone more inspiration to continue.
  • Robn July 01, 2019 | 21:06
    Hey Leeann, had a chat to Reesie the other day....she was asking after you. You stop kicking yourself girl. You will get back on your journey when the time is right for you. Sometimes when we slip up, we are so bruised and defeated that we need time to simply pause and get our heads back in the right space. You know how to start back on the journey and you know when you will be ready. This is not a race, take your time....get yourself right and ready. You want this really badly....and you will get back on track. Try not to put pressure on yourself...it will all come together when the time is right for you x
  • Happiness July 02, 2019 | 2:49
    Hi Softly. Thanks for reminding me about Nadia Davos. In rewatching her video I realized that my substituting a bad habit with the good one of participating on quit forums made me happy with dopamine. That is what our bodies crave, and I have written on substituting it with food, good thoughts, hugs, phone calls, lavender, music, chocolate , helping others, dressing nice and feeling good. Exercise is also a great good habit to help with releasing dopamine and giving us that fix.

Thanks for the insight Softly40/ I added it in the commentary of my GivinUp, GivinUp piece as valuable information. I hope others can also learn about themselves, which is another tip she gave. I think it may be why my journey has been so easy.
  • Happiness July 04, 2019 | 10:46
    Wishing you a trip with great experiences, joy and fun. Stay safe and strong. xo
  • TheOldPhart July 13, 2019 | 22:37
    Rather than put yourself down, remember this quote: “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt