DAB57
7/09/2018

One Year Quit Today!

Posted in Quit experiences 22 Jun 2019

Well my friends and fellow quitters. Today I hit the milestone of being quit for one year. Needless to say I am overjoyed that I have made it. When i first quit and joined this forum, I have to say that I was so envious of those members who were in their months, year or years quit. Today I can say that I have battled the war and come out the other end. I made myself hate the disgusting things a few days before I quit, by really letting my brain absorb the offensive smell and taste and now today when I see people smoking even on TV, I get the horrible taste in my mouth again. So my dear friends today is my day of achieving this wonderful 1st year anniversary quit goal. Many of you on here who are in the early to mid milestones. Just remember your One Year Quit day, is just around the corner. Good luck to all of you and a special hello to @Geo @ Happiness @Red-67 @Nuts @FreshAirOK @HolyCow @ PuffNoMore @jenno211058 @ Rafiki.......I MADE IT, YEAH!

• Safe2017 June 22, 2019 | 9:35
    Awesome accomplishment. Congrats
  • FreshAirOK, Hunter New England June 22, 2019 | 9:39
    Go you good thing!!! I've got your back as I'm only 8 weeks today and am so thrilled for your one year. I'll crank up the band!
  • Nuts June 22, 2019 | 9:39
    Yay Dab 57. Thats fantastic. Cant wait to get there myself. It must be a great feeling. Buy yourself something special 👍🤗
  • DAB57 June 22, 2019 | 9:42
    Thank you @safe2017, @Nuts, @FreshAirOK, I have to say I feel great. I am going to celebrate by indulging in a delicious cheese cake.
  • Robn June 22, 2019 | 10:51
    Well done Dab57, an awesome achievement......it all starts with one day and is not as hard as our mind would have us believe. So worth it to be free of the slavery. Hope you really enjoy that cheesecake
  • DAB57 June 22, 2019 | 11:14
    Thanks Robn. I found my transition from smoker to non-smoker rather mild even though i had smoked for 3/4 of my life. I really believe that by forcing myself to hate them during my last few smokes, and listening to guided stop smoking meditations were my successful tools in achieving my goal cold turkey and with few issues. I am so happy to be free from the addiction. I am also free from being frowned upon by doctors etc.
    I had the cake and it was very delicious. As it was a reward, I don't have the guilty pangs.
  • Happiness June 22, 2019 | 13:48
    I am honored to celebrate this very special milestone and the anniversary of the most powerful thing that you have or could do for yourself. I am sure that you knew in your heart that you were a happy, accepting non-smoker right back since the first post i could find from you at 2 1'2 months. The similarities in our journey is uncanny. I too came to hate the cigarette, the smell and rolled the smoke in my mouth and tasted the poisons in it. Like you my copd was undetected by my doctor, and no concern when i told him of it. Life is great without the slavery.

Give that angel on your shoulder and big high 5 from me . I loved reading your stories of such determination and wisdom and I hope that others will believe that they too can be celebrating these wonderful milestones before they know it. It is so worth it and we know that it can be done.

Congratulations again Dabs. May your angel always be with you.
  • Lia June 22, 2019 | 18:12
    HI DAB57. Enjoy your milestone. Eat and celebrate however you like. Give yourself a lengthy time to really understand what you have achieved. If you happen to indulge too much and end up like I did, 18 kgs overweight, then remind yourself that if you could beat the NicoDeamon you can surely make a decision to limit the type of calories consumed. Do enjoy those cheesecakes, etc. No hurry. Reward yourself by all means. I eventually decided to "avoid 50 shades of beige, eat colour and live lighter." Only took a year to fix the problem... Enjoy your new found freedom, reward yourself.
  • DAB57 June 22, 2019 | 20:18
    Thank you both so much Happiness and Lia. I am humbled by the wonderful support and friendships on this great forum. Lia, I ate like nobodies business today and enjoyed it whole heartedly. I have put on about 7 kilos since I stopped the devil in its tracks. But yes you are right I can fight and defeat "NocoDemon" so I can certainly lose these few extra kilos. Thank you Happiness, you have walked beside me for a while now and I appreciate your support and friendship. Many thanks to both of you again. Til next we speak, have a wonderful weekend and may the universe provide you with love and light.
  • DAB57 June 22, 2019 | 20:19
  • Pearly19 June 23, 2019 | 22:04
    Congrats on 1 year. i cant wait to get to where you are at
  • Welsh Des June 23, 2019 | 23:01
    Congratulations on a year to remember.you must feel very happy with yourself,1 year is a fine achievement
    Your story will be a good example to someone starting on their own journey
  • DAB57 June 24, 2019 | 11:38
    Thank you Pearly19. You will be where I am in no time. Good luck on your journey. Stay strong and true to yourself.
  • DAB57 June 24, 2019 | 11:40
    Many thanks Welsh Des. I have to admit I am very happy and proud of myself it is a great achievement and one that just reinforces the power we have within ourselves to beat what we think is unbeatable.
  • Shamrock July 19, 2019 | 19:49