WendyOhNo
23/09/2016

1,000th Day Quit Anniversary!

Posted in Quit experiences 20 May 2019

Today is my 1,000th day quit anniversary! It has been a wild ride: In the past 1,000 days, I have faced the following:

- Diagnosed with a major autoimmune disease

- Had my truck break down three times

- Suffered a major loss in my faith community - a loss so detrimental that I was displaced and had to start all over again in a new community.

- Was almost homeless

- Twice denied disability benefits (I am now waiting for my appeals hearing)

- Went through a cluster of emergency room visits for an allergy that I have

- Repeat anxiety attacks

And yet HERE I AM! 1,000 DAYS SMOKE FREE - cold turkey - no slip ups!

I can’t tell you how much confidence being willfully smoke free can bring. If I can survive all of that without a cigarette, I can do so much more!

• Happiness May 20, 2019 | 1:07
    Congratualations WendyOhNo, that is an amazing feat given all the negatives you have had to endure. Still, we know that turning to the cigarette would not help but only add to the stress. You had saved the money for the repairs to your vehicle and a rainy day. Your health improved enough to withstand other issues. What if you had not quit? Where would you be?

Take pride in your strength and accomplishment(s) WendyOhNo. You are an amazing woman.

Think positive and stay the course! Anyone can quit smoking and find the freedom.
  • BethP May 20, 2019 | 10:32
    WendyOhNo-that is absolutely amazing,! I mean, I am so sorry you experienced all of that but so happy for you that you didn't start smoking again. I too have been through so much in the 161 days that I have been smoke free. Major surgery (why I quit), breast cancer scare (negative, thank God), being told we have to move, unemployment, anxiety attacks. But, I didn't smoke either. Good for you and congratulations on 1000 days smoke free! 😁😁😁
  • Lia May 20, 2019 | 19:49
    Hi WendyOhNo. We have shared posts in the past. Your revelations are a reminder to all that adversity cannot be fixed with a cigarette. Long after it is butted out the problem will persist and needs another way to be dealt with. Without a cigarette it can be done with a clear head. 4 digits, go gal.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast May 21, 2019 | 10:11
    Amazing, Yes if you can quit during those terrible times, then you can do almost anything that you think is impossible. Keep going Wendy
  • jenno211058 May 21, 2019 | 23:23
    Great achievement Wendy.. well done
  • andies, Sydney May 26, 2019 | 1:02
    Dear Wendy
    In recent times, I am rarely on this page, and when I am I can not find anything.
    But I found your recent entry- you beat the Mr Nicoteen! Great on you- but it seems that life has major challenges for you. I cross my fingers and remember to not give up and keep on fighting....
  • NotThisTime June 19, 2019 | 3:39
    Hi Wendy,
    Your postings come at the perfect times for me. During the first year, I would often log in and find that you had posted similar experiences I had been enduring around the same milestone I was having. After reading your 1000 day quit posting, it has re-energized my quit. I have not been through 1/10th of the trials you have been put through over your 1000 day quit. I realize that you have had no slip ups and know if you continue to be able to stay quit, it gives me motivation and determination. I have been having pretty strong urges from the nico-demon lately. The other night, the nico-demon (he or her?) came to me in a dream and in the dream, I gave in and smoked (I was struggling back and forth in the dream). The entire process was so vivid and real in the dream. The only positive from it was the major disappointment I had felt after I had given in. Even in the dream, I was going through the thought process of "It will be just this one time" and then after I had smoked in the dream I had already began thinking "I can make it so that I only smoke 1 a day"... Unreal that "My" nico-demon continues to linger.