Today is my 1,000th day quit anniversary! It has been a wild ride: In the past 1,000 days, I have faced the following:
- Diagnosed with a major autoimmune disease
- Had my truck break down three times
- Suffered a major loss in my faith community - a loss so detrimental that I was displaced and had to start all over again in a new community.
- Was almost homeless
- Twice denied disability benefits (I am now waiting for my appeals hearing)
- Went through a cluster of emergency room visits for an allergy that I have
- Repeat anxiety attacks
And yet HERE I AM! 1,000 DAYS SMOKE FREE - cold turkey - no slip ups!
I can’t tell you how much confidence being willfully smoke free can bring. If I can survive all of that without a cigarette, I can do so much more!
You need to register or log in to leave a comment.