Reesie
1/07/2018

You can do it!!!

Posted in Staying quit 01 May 2019

10 months Today!!! Wow..it really blows my mind that I haven't had a cigarette for 10 months. It's the best i have ever done, even longer than when I quit whilst I was pregnant.

And when I first decided to quit this time round, I was so scared..didn't want to fail..didn't know how I would get through the days..I was a 10 cigs a day smoker, very habitual. And I enjoyed them!!

But my kids (14 and 12), always asked me to stop, and how much they hated the smell, and that I stunk!! Something came over me and made me tell myself I could quit, so I went and got the patches and I stuck to the programme..and here I am proudly saying I have not had one since!!!

I hope anyone out there reading my posts believes they can too!!! Good luck all 👍👍👍

• Happiness May 01, 2019 | 23:25
    That is the secret Reesie. Belief! Once you belief you can do something you can. Fear is what holds us back. Fear of failure, fear of the unknown, and the fear that it will be hard. No one is alone on this journey, nor without the knowledge at their fingertips to research and understand the addiction. Failure is erased when you succeed. A slip up is not failure, just a stumble like a skinned knee. Get up, keep your eyes ahead, and pick up your feet! It gets easier as it goes, just like any thing we learn and repeat. Knowing and believing, before you start the journey makes it even easier i think. Cravings are generally nothing but mere thoughts. Turn your attention to something else. Block it out like Mothers do to the whining of children. How else did we keep our sanity? Ignore the nico monsters pleas to be fed, and take delight that you are winning!

Anyone can quit smoking with the desire to , and the belief that they can. Understanding nicotine and what you have escaped will keep the quit sustainable.
  • Reesie May 02, 2019 | 11:01
    Oh such true words!!! And Congratulations to you Happiness, life is valuable, and we sometimes are so caught up in the everyday routines which smoking was my crutch, but there are so many other ways to make yourself calm. And as you say Believing in ourselves to just do this, is an awesome feat. 🤩🤗
  • Leeann , Central Coast May 03, 2019 | 6:11
    Congratulations Reesie I am so thrilled for you that you have hung in there and stayed strong. It is so true that determination is what gets us there in the end!! Congratulations again and enjoy your continued new found freedom from the slavery, I know I am👍😊
  • Robn May 03, 2019 | 18:35
    Hey Reese, you are doing a fantastic job. You are a non smoker and will never smoke again, your children must be super proud of their mum.
    You should also be super proud of yourself....reward yourself. Leeann, yourself and I have given up at similar times....what a trio...we are the three muskateers.
    Go us x
  • Robn May 03, 2019 | 18:36
    Go us x
  • Reesie May 04, 2019 | 7:06
    Yes Robn and Leeann, lovely to hear from you and read your comments!! I don't jump on here too often anymore, but it certainly helped when i got your messages of encouragement!! Well done to all of us!!! Keep up the good work musketeers 🙌🙌
  • Robn June 26, 2019 | 15:29
    Hi Reese, fantastic to hear from you.....wow you are nearly at the 1 year mark....so proud of you. Bet the kids are loving the new you, no more stinky mum...lol
    Hope it has changed your life as much as it has changed mine....more money, no more feeling self conscious and higher self esteem....just a few of the benefits. Make sure you reward yourself next week big time....you have earnt it x
    Leanne had a slip up and is trying again, so really hope she can do it this time...I am sure she will x
    Take care and happy days xx