BethP
5/02/2019

Getting a little scared

Posted in Quit experiences 07 Apr 2019

I had my last smoke on December 10, 2018. For the first time since that day, I am really worried that I might falter and return to smoking. My husband and I received a notice that we have to vacate our home so that the owner can do some repairs. Financially, thos could not come at a worse time. He's unemployed and I am still recovering from surgery, so I am unable to work. He is receiving unemployment payments, but that's about to run out. The only thing we do have going for us is we're not spending money on cigarettes anymore. Neither one of us has very good credit so we're just praying that someone will be generous enough to give us a chance.

All of that being said, I have never wanted nor felt the need for a cigarette more than I do right now.

It won't happen but I am worried.

Thanks for listening.

• last pack, Illawarra Shoalhaven April 07, 2019 | 5:27
    Dear BethP, You know the difference from when you smoked and finally stopped. I lost my darling wife through bowl cancer but i built enough courage to give up considering i have severe depression. You and Hubby trust in our Lord Jesus Christ and you both prey with your hearts and trust in him. He will answer you in no time and things will work out just fine. I understand what hard times are my dear as most of us out there have gone through it and it is an on going thing. Most of us were not gifted so we battle on. Hang in there guys cause in no time there is a light ahead providing you never give up. Our Lord needs good soldiers by his side so that is my best advice. Good Luck and chin up.
  • BethP April 07, 2019 | 5:40
    👍
  • tough as April 07, 2019 | 7:20
    BethP sorry to hear you are having a bad run. you just need to push on things have a way of working out the way they should be , going back to smoking will not help in any way it will only make you feel guilty about the money you will waste and disappointed with yourself for getting this far and falling. going back to smoking will just add another problem to you ,and that is the last thing you need, you can get through this. keep chatting here we are here to support you. cheers
  • Happiness April 07, 2019 | 9:14
    Things do have a way of working out Beth and you know that smoking again will not solve anything, but rather make things more difficult. Be happy that your finances, as difficult as they may be, are much better than if you were still smoking. Nice weather is coming, is it possible to camp out for the summer while repairs are being made? Just a thought.
  • BethP April 07, 2019 | 11:11
    Camping out for the summer might be an idea, but I believe our current home will be put up for sale when repairs are made so it probably won't be available.
    Thanks to all of you. I haven't given up yet and I certainly won't start smoking again.
    I am so happy that I have this wonderful support group.
  • softly40, Mid North Coast April 07, 2019 | 12:56
    You need comfort from others more than a cigarette. Now might be a good time to pretend your on holidays. Look at caravans in hoiday parks this might work for a while. Deep breath meditate anything to keep the blues away. Good luck
  • Lia April 07, 2019 | 17:53
    Hi BethP. Hope the support you get on this site is better than all the cigarettes in the world. Cigarettes are your enemy. This is a huge test for you and think you know that burning money by smoking is not a solution. Without them you can plan a strategy which will help you survive this challenge. Best wishes.
  • BethP April 08, 2019 | 3:57
    Thanks to all of you. I always heard that Aussies are some of the nicest people you will ever meet and I truly believe that. I hope to visit one day.