softly40
Mid North Coast
18/02/2019

14 days smoke free

Posted in Quit experiences 24 Mar 2019

Went to my GP and she was so so pleased, I am on week 5 of Champix and gave up during week 2-3.

14 days smoke free, Still finding it hard at times, but I think its because of lack of sleep. I might have to leave the night dose off she told me, and I am quite happy to try this, but will persevere for another 2 weeks on morning and night.

• Happiness March 24, 2019 | 14:19
    Did you read Allan Carr Softly? It really will help you to stay on track and perhaps even make your quit easier. If you understand nicotine and want to banish it from your life, you can and with ease. I trust you enjoyed your birthday celebrations and got through the evening without incident.
    Stay strong , stay positive and stay smoke free!
  • Red-67 March 25, 2019 | 7:58
    2 WEEKS !! That's GREAT ! :)
    Even though the Champix is doing much of the work for you, at this point, let your mind celebrate, and accept the fact that you can live without smoking. Keep positive, and just KNOW that you never want another one.. You will need that strong mindset, when the Champix is gone.. You can do this :)
  • Broncor, Mid North Coast March 25, 2019 | 15:26
    That is great news, softly40, I am just past week 6 of champix, and 21 days smoke free today, I have actually cut the evening dose (4pm) downto 1/2 for last 3 days and find this is helping in the sleep department. Still think about smoking, don’t think it’s craving, just a “ I could smoke a ciggie now” but then quickly remember I don’t smoke. Feel I’m over worst of withdrawals now, no more hot sweats and can hardly feel my heart beating, usually it’s beating out of my chest. Keep up the good work
  • softly40, Mid North Coast March 26, 2019 | 9:03
    Thanks everyone, I went out for a celebration again last night, and did very well, even though someone asked me to go outside with her because she was on her own, I explained the nicotine part and the medication that I was on and let it go, she understood this and thought this was a good idea (someone else went with her). I felt very pleased with myself. I have tried to get onto the Website that you gave out Happiness but it wouldn't connect me, maybe you could give me the link again.
    I might consider half tab at night later on, the tablets are very small (I have a pill cutter) will let my GP know of this although she trusts my judgement. I think I am understanding more about nicotine and hope that this medication will help me achieve a long term result. I have tried patches but they still have nicotine in them. 16 days smoke free now.
  • Happiness March 26, 2019 | 11:21
    Hi Softly. Here is the link again for Allan Carr's book. http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf
  • softly40, Mid North Coast March 27, 2019 | 10:43
    Thanks Happiness, downloaded on my computer now but not able to download on my phone for some reason. I have read the first few pages and it certainly looks interesting reading. Thankyou