Crush the habit
South Eastern Sydney
4/03/2019

Day 3 Champix, Quit day Saturday

Posted in Getting started 04 Mar 2019

I have attempted to quit smoking probably 4 or 5 times before. I have tried most methods including NRP,Champix,hypnosis. I had some success in the past up to 12monthspredominantly smoke free, in the past I would generally buckle at parties like e bucks days etc. I am in my mind 30's and expecting my Third daughter in six weeks. I really hate smoking it dominates most area's of my life from financial stability to health concerns and a constant feeling of doom-mortality due to smoking. The Champix makes me feel like crap and dramatically affects my mentallity though it greatly helps me in stopping initially. I feel I will stop on Saturday and can maintain Champix in short term not sure I can do Champix for 3 months

• Broncor, Mid North Coast March 04, 2019 | 19:12
    Hi champix champion and welcome. I am on my 1st day smoke free after being on champix 3 weeks and 2 days. This is longer than recommended but within guidelines, I just did not feel ready until today. I used the sea sick bands for first couple of weeks, just for an hour after taking tablet, seems to have helped with the nausea. Getting bit tired through day a little and having crazy dreams, nothing too major though. Good l
  • Broncor, Mid North Coast March 04, 2019 | 19:14
    Sorry posted to early, good luck with your quit, champix will help with reduction of craving, but we still have to have a huge amount of willpower.
  • Champix champion, South Eastern Sydney March 04, 2019 | 19:45
    Thanks Broncor. Smoking is not an option for so many reasons I hate what it is doing to me. I just had a smoke and my neighbour slammed their window shut, how embarrassing!. Now I walk inside and I stink around my family. Will have to shower to get rid of it its just a redicoulous habit.Looking forward to Saturday
  • Champix champion, South Eastern Sydney March 04, 2019 | 19:48
    Broncor congratulations on the first day smoke free and taking back your freedom
  • Nuts March 04, 2019 | 20:44
    Hi Champix champion. Sounds like you really want to quit, and that will help you stick to it.. you can do it. Think of your 3 beautiful daughters. Do you want to be around to see them grow up. I know you do. Do it for them, but mostly do it for yourself. Dont let the cigarettes win.
  • Champix champion, South Eastern Sydney March 04, 2019 | 21:35
    Thanks Nuts.
    I know Smoking has always been my nemesis.
    It has no value but I have struggled to stop. I hope I can find the strength to see it thru why is it so hard but really it should be so easy.
    Champix is quite effective for me though I find the side effects quite strong thanks for the words of encouragement
  • Champix champion, South Eastern Sydney March 04, 2019 | 21:46
    Broncor I will try the sea sick bands thanks for the tip.
    I generally don't feel nausea on Champix I kinda feel like I'm under the influence of the drug I have difficulty concentrating forgetfulness I feel it is powerful as I am only on the quarter dose and cravings are nearly totally gone within first few hours of taking first dose.
    I feel I could stay on half dose and give up but my GP recommends I take the full dose for 12 weeks.
    It is funny how this drug effects everyone differently
  • Wazza58 March 04, 2019 | 21:58
    Hang in there it does get easier. I am 58 years old and smoked for 43 years of that, smoked between 15 to 30 a day. Tried many times to give up prior without success. Was diagnosed with emphysema back in September 18 and gave up cold turkey that day. Now six months on have lost all cravings for them, even with my wife still smoking in the house and around me. Feel so much better, exercise and walk ever day to help keep my lungs clear, best I've felt in years let alone saving heaps of money. Stay strong and you will succeed, get that nicotine monkey off your back once and for all. Cheers
    Wazza
  • Champix champion, South Eastern Sydney March 04, 2019 | 22:58
    Good work Wazza. It Will be great to look back in six months and say I did it
  • Happiness March 05, 2019 | 3:12
    Hi Champion. With your positive attitude , looking forward to Saturday, getting rid of an expensive, embarrassing addiction and making moves to better your life for yourself and loved ones is exceptionally motivating. Remember those wonderful reasons and it will become a reality. One day at a time, and if after the 4 th day free of all nicotine you still wish to stop Champix, personally, I would. Quitting need not be about willpower, but acceptance and desire. Once nicotine is out of the body, the rest is only in the mind. Even most of the nicotine receptors will be shut down, and all in 3 weeks, maybe but not sure if this is faster with Champix because it attaches to them and diminishes the pleasure we get from smoking. Since not smoking, i don't see the need for it. Everyone has different views and every quit is different. Best to you and your decision.

Cravings after nicotine is gone, are no different. Mere thoughts in most cases. You will crave only as long as you desire. Quitting can be easy. Just make up your mind. Be Positive!
  • Champix champion, South Eastern Sydney March 05, 2019 | 14:56
    Thanks Happiness. I have brought my quit day forward to today so i can minimise my champix days. The champix side effects last night were quite pronounced dreams nightmares but i feel fine today