DAB57
7/09/2018

Eight beautiful months smoke/Nicotine free.

Posted in Quit experiences 21 Feb 2019

Hi my wonderful forum friends. I am happy to say that today is my 8th month without a cigarette hanging out of my mouth. 8 months since I stopped being a slave to the nicotine demon. Weight gain, yes I have that but I can deal with and work on that. I feel like I have made such an accomplishment and I would shout it from the roofs if I could but I can't so I would like to shout it on this wonderful forum. Good luck to everyone and may the universe help and support everyone either start their quit program and/or keep them strong and comforted throughout the quit journey.

• PuffNoMore, Southern NSW February 21, 2019 | 16:17
    Congratulations DAB57,

If you have some advice for people contemplating giving up the smokes tomorrow, what would it be?
  • Safe2017 February 21, 2019 | 19:14
    Well done DAB57 and congrats. Statistically a very low percentage of the people who quit had quit successfully. You are one of the few. A word of advice if I may. Be careful of your brain telling you that one puff won't hurt anything when you think you have this demon beat. Just one puff and you are back to square one. From time to time this happens to all ex-smokers, be it in a social situation or during stress, and that's when ex-smokers become full time smokers again. Happened to me in the past. All the best.
  • Robn February 21, 2019 | 19:57
    Hi dab57, well done to you....that is quite an achievement...hope you have rewarded yourself....you deserve it.
    Stay strong and focused....and enjoy the good life
  • PuffNoMore, Southern NSW February 21, 2019 | 19:59
    Having just one puff has led me back to smoking in the past and the present. Very few people can call themselves occasional smokers. I have met a few social smokers in my time but its rare, and of most of those return to full on smoking.
    It is addictive.
  • Leeann , Central Coast February 21, 2019 | 20:39
    Congrats on your success Dab57 you h save done an awesome job. Yes listen to safe2017's advice as I too have experienced that numerous times. So just keep that guard up at all times and enjoy your new found freedom. It is lovely to be free of the expense, guilt and stench lol
  • Happiness February 22, 2019 | 4:17
    All this shouting woke me up Dabs. CONGRATULATIONS.!!! Great job, and anyone can wake me up with gleeful shouting any day of the week. I am so happy for you and for all the others who have experienced the rewards of freedom.

Statistics ask simple yes or no, not circumstances and other pertinent information when they collected their quit stats. Every quit is personal, and everyone who wants to quit can. There is plenty of proof on this forum, and i really do believe that these forums make a big difference. I know i learned so much just looking around on one for a day. By day four i had jumped my quit date and was well on my way to ending a lifetime addiction. I would have never believed, UNTIL I BELIEVED. Knowledge IS power!

Those Who Cannot Remember the Past Are Condemned to Repeat It.
    George Santayana

NOPE
  • Happiness March 25, 2019 | 13:34
    Hi Dabs. I saw your reply to someone where you said your copd was gone as well as the asthma. That's great. I was told i was borderline 3 years ago with copd, and had some breathlessness, but most scares were due to over drinking and hence over smoking. I have not seen a doctor, but i know my breathing and lung capacity is so much better and i didn't even have a spell one night when i did have too much to drink. My question to you is if you feel the copd is gone or was that the findings of your doctor. I didn't think copd was reversible, just controllable i.e quit smoking, exercise etc.... Just curious and would love a reply here. Thanks! Congrats on earning your freedom from slavery!A toast to better health!
  • DAB57 March 25, 2019 | 14:09
    Hi Happiness
    With my first Lung (pulmonary) function tests some years back I was diagnosed with COPD. Since I stopped smoking and having a follow up Lung (pulmonary) function test I am now normal..Maybe I was misdiagnosed initially but yes my COPD and Asthma have both cleared up. I have no coughs and can breath in and out very deeply without any rattles or wheezing. I hope I have helped your question and congratulations to you as well for your great progress and freedom from the smoke demon.
  • Happiness March 28, 2019 | 8:52
    Thanks for the reply Dabs. I will have to ask the doctor when i go and if mine has improved. Either way i am happy that i don't get those spells where breathing is difficult. So happy to be smoke free and living a healthier life style. You stay happy and free!
  • DAB57 March 28, 2019 | 23:10
    I wish you all the best with your results Happiness, I am sure your tests will show significant improvement and possibly normal test. Right back at you to stay happy and free my dear friend. Let me know how it goes with your doctor.