Red-67
6/03/2017

Do it, just because you can..

Posted in Hints and tips 16 Feb 2019

Well, two years ago today, I snuffed out my last smoke.. It is still Feb, 15th here. You folks, down under, will be reading this on my tomorrow, but I'm writing it on your yesterday :)

------------------------

The best tip, I can give to new comers, is to realize, this does not have to be a journey. You do not have to stay quit. It does not have to be a life long battle. You simply have to really QUIT, and stop thinking like a smoker. Then there is no need, or want, for just one, or just one puff. You really can, put them behind you, and embrace being a non smoker.. Pick a plan, stick with it, and set yourself free. I did it, and you can too :)

• SuzyQ92, Southern NSW February 16, 2019 | 11:13
    Hi Red-67 spot on I don’t think about the bad habit I used to have unless someone lights up around me and the smell up my nose 👃. thank god I don’t smoke anymore. It’s so great being able to go out or walk into a shop and not have to worry about my finances. Smoking is not part of my life anymore. it’s been 160 days, (I only know that as I had to look it up on my app). To me it’s not a journey it’s something I did in my past that no longer requires my attention anymore..
    Put yourself in the right frame of mind and you can do anything..
  • Happiness February 16, 2019 | 13:43
    Happy 2 yr Anniversary Red67. So glad to know others believe what i do. Anyone can quit smoking and it is indeed as easy as believing in yourself. I am 100 days free today and decided to stay that way. Strangely enough i had a dream last night that i found a couple of half butts and was tempted. I woke up. Life is good being free of the feeding demands and emptying of pockets. Retirement is an unforeseen benefit. Yippee!
  • Lia February 16, 2019 | 21:29
    Hi Red-67. Thrilled to read of your new milestone. It is good therapy to count the days smoke free. Each one is a day to celebrate. And as smoking is no longer a part of your life and what defines you, power to you. We salute you.
  • Safe2017 February 17, 2019 | 3:36
    Congrats Red-67, well done.
  • Robn February 17, 2019 | 17:07
    Congrats Red67, what a fantastic achievement......and you still take the time to help others on this site...thank you,
    I am at 284 days,,,I think..lol something like that......I owe most of it to you for your great wisdom and simplifying the quit process.
    Your no nonsense approach struck a cord with me....and I will always be grateful.
  • Happiness May 31, 2019 | 7:22
    Hi Red. I replied to your comment . Your contribution to the Bonfire was significant. lol