Buster Gusset
Sydney
27/12/2018

1 month smoke free!

Posted in Staying quit 23 Jan 2019

Hey everyone I am 1 month smoke free! I am really proud of myself as I have been consistently trying to quit for 3 years. What’s different this time? Honestly not sure. I’m using a quit app, smoke free, and reading lots of your posts. You guys are an inspiration, all of you, even if you slip up I know everyone here is trying there guys out. We are tough people who can do anything we set our minds to, even kicking smoking in the nuts. Let’s take control of our lives and do what we want to do, not what the nicotine monster wants us to. Not one puff ever!

• Happiness January 23, 2019 | 8:53
    Way to go Buster! Is this your first quit group that you have joined?
    I think i would have messed up my cold turkey attempt if i had not joined a group to see how cravings were coped with and how others were quitting successfully. I think it makes all the difference having support, inspiration and the understanding why we smoked, and how to break the hold of nicotine .
    You seem to be in a more positive frame of mind this time. Did you learn anything new to change your perception or is it just the idea of not being alone? It is good to know what ideas or phrases"resonate" with people, whether their first attempt or 60th. You are determined, and i am sure that if you devote yourself to the changes required, you will soon be a happy non-smoker, and make it stick!

• Debbie317 January 23, 2019 | 13:42
    Hello Buster,
    Congrats on your one month mark! I too found quit app and helped me or made me look forward to waking up and seeing how much i saved. This site also helps as it take time up, distracted me, and help talking and reading others stories. I've not hit the one month mark yet but confident I can make it. Wish you many more smoke free days, months and years. Way to go Buster
  • Robn January 23, 2019 | 16:04
    Well done Buster, you are well on your way now. If you can do one month, you can do 2 months. Keep up the great work and stay strong and proud.
  • Leeann , Central Coast January 23, 2019 | 16:35
    Fantastic Buster, I think we all draw strength from the support we receive on this website, I think we can all relate in a non judgemental supportive space which is pretty cool. You should feel proud Buster you've earned the right, you are doing an amazing job. Stay strong buddy and stay vigilant to stick to the new you👍
  • Kathy Karban January 24, 2019 | 1:44
    WTG!! I am right behind you, 26 days for me , I cant say if I really have a particular reason for quitting because I have been smoking for 42 years and I went back on chantix three months ago and set new years as my quit date and 12!29 I just quit!! it hasnt been easy but it isnt as hard as I thought it would be!! Best wishes to all of us as we move forward!!!
  • Buster Gusset , Sydney January 24, 2019 | 6:36
    Thanks everyone your support means a lot ;)
  • Adurr1913 January 24, 2019 | 13:46
    Absolutely love this post ! Keep up the good work N
  • WendyOhNo January 25, 2019 | 12:13
    Congratulations on your month smoke free! Using these groups and reading all that you can about those who have quit smoking was one fo the ways that I got through my first six weeks.