jacq
11/10/2018

Help with fatique stress and willpower

Posted in Hints and tips 24 Oct 2018

Well it's not my tip but if anyone can help me I am struggling with fatigue, stress, coping with difficult situations and will power all rolled up in one. So much so that I weakened when I got home and had a smoke. My partner still smokes which makes it difficult though he does try to steer clear of me outside. I managed to get through a difficult day at work but just felt so exhausted when I got home that I didn't have any energy to fight the crave and lost my will power. I know it's just one moment of weakness and will continue on my journey no matter how difficult it gets. Any ideas to cope with all of the above.

• Robn October 24, 2018 | 21:23
    Hi Jacq,
    It happens....just stay on track and dont use it as an excuse to keep smoking. Understanding smoking can help separate the real from the make believe. Get yourself Allen Carr’s Easyway to quit smoking book...it is fantastic ...and really helps to get your mindset right. Smoking increases stress it does not relieve it...and it has the same effect on anxiety. A lot of people when they quit smoking...deep down believe they are being deprived...with that thinking a person will fail. You have to want to quit more than you want to smoke and No excuse will cut it. Make a smoke something you never want again no matter what. If you feel fatigued take a refreshing shower, sit and relax with a coffe, do a crossword anything that takes your focus off smoking, after awhile you won’t even think about smoking.
    Remember NO excuse will cut it....it is just an excuse....no matter what you tell yourself. Stay strong, you can do this.
  • Leeann , Central Coast October 25, 2018 | 5:42
    Hey Jacq it's ok that you slipped up it happens, stay strong though and do not allow this as an excuse to throw that towel in. You can do this so square your shoulders and think about what that cigarette gave you when u slipped. It gave you nothing except for guilt and a feeling of disappointment in yourself. Like I said please don't beat yourself up, brush it aside and stay focused, keep your eyes on the prize😊
  • Poss October 25, 2018 | 14:24
    Hi Jacq, I found an app that just might help us. Is called 'Stop Smoking in 2hrs', I know that wont happen, but he has sessions on smoking & why we do it, also hypnotherapy session. It is by Jason Vale. The reviews are very good & its free. Im going to give it a shot, I can use all the help I can get atm.
    Keep going Jacq we can do this! 👍
  • Tans, South Western Sydney October 25, 2018 | 20:30
    I’m feeling your pain Jacq I’m in my second week and have real difficult moments it’s comforting to know I’m not the only one... I have real strong days

then moments of real battles.....

Thanks POSs for the info of the app I’ll look at that .

I understand Leeann that the mindset is really important but do you think I maybe doing something wrong when I have really weak moments that’s last sometimes an hour at a time?
  • Robn October 26, 2018 | 21:21
    Hi Tans, no you are not doing anything wrong...it is part of the withdrawal process. Stay strong and stay focused on what you are wanting to achieve. Another 2 weeks and those moments will become less and less. We all went through those ups and downs.
  • Happiness January 19, 2019 | 3:04
    Hi Jacq. I do hope you are still on your journey and finding thing easier. However, i joined after these posts and just found yours. I thought you might be interested in a post i did about GivenUp GivenUp. . I see Champix is your favourite quit method, the first time not completing because of the cost, and the second time you had a smoke......
    It happens, but please keep trying. At least read my post, and I would very much appreciate your thoughts on it since you have tried Champix.
    Thanks and best of everything to you.