Jw
Western Sydney
8/07/2016

100 days smoke free

Posted in Staying quit 13 May 2018

Mission accomplished, 100 days without smoke, cold turkey style. So proud of myself.

All the side effect are gone, just feel so so fresh. Have been socialize with group of heavy smokers, have been in difficult situation such as lost loved one, have been in joyful and exited moment such as changing new jobs. All stand firmly without the odd "friend". Well, I declare that from this moment I am an none smoker!!!!!!!!!

• jenno211058 May 13, 2018 | 20:45
    Hi Jw,
    Major congrats to you for going cold turkey and completing 100 days and rightly so on being so proud of yourself.
    Definatley not an easy habit to break but its do-able in the right mindset,
    You also had some turbulent times along the way that by right with our false "friend" would of seen you through these
    trying times, But you have shown that you were/are the Victor in those very trying times...
    You are a winner in all aspects of your life without your false "friends".
    Well done.
  • littlebit1365 May 14, 2018 | 4:00
    I hope to be where you are in 100 days. I want this to be my last day. I'm so tired of what a distraction from my life smoking is. It's my crutch for everything, but keeps me from being present. Congratulations to you. I just joined this group, and am hopeful it will help me to quit. Thanks!
  • weewillem May 14, 2018 | 7:34
    Congratulations JW, I am looking forward to following in your footsteps. How nice not to be a slave to the monster for the rest of your life - freedom
  • colloquial May 14, 2018 | 10:42
    Awesome Jw I have followed your journey since you started on this site.You and I followed the same path almost.I am 132 days cold turkey and also put myself in situations that would really test my resolve(although I didn't lose a loved one for which I am so sorry for your loss).I have just had total right knee replacement which is major surgery and extremely painful.In the past a smoke would have helped calm me down but like you I don't even think about it anymore,well occasionally when I see someone else smoking but I am certainly not tempted.Your story is an inspiration so thanks for sharing JW allthe best mate and NO MATTER WHAT! do not smoke.
  • Red-67 May 15, 2018 | 3:53
    JW ! Wonderful :) No reason to ever even think of having another one. Learn to think like a non smoker, and all temptations will be gone for good. You got this :)
  • Jw, Western Sydney May 20, 2018 | 17:25
    Thank you all for the kind encourage, and thanks for the platform that this site provide. It has been a turbulent journey, but was definitely worth the change.