Jw
Western Sydney
8/07/2016

Finish off 2 month and into third month

Posted in Staying quit 10 Apr 2018

66 days without a puff, in cold turkey style. Feel so proud of myself.

The thoughts of wanting a cig still keep coming up, specially on Sundays when I finished mowing the lawn, have a cold drink and look at the straight line of the lawn edge. that wanting thoughts is so strong that I sometime scared that I may slip up. I have been so upset with myself for the thoughts, but now I am changing the tactic, relaxed with the thought of wanting that pops up. I just regard it as elusion. It goes away in couple of seconds.

Also my skin has been itching so much for the last 3 weeks, I have been blame my dog, my cat, my chicken and my fish. don't why I blame the fish, been changing water for every two days. Overdos the pets with flea control. until I red Wendy's posting that the skin itching is related to quiting. Oh boy, so sorry for the pets.

• Lia April 10, 2018 | 21:08
    Hi Jw. Let's face it! We have rewarded ourselves for years and often decades with a cigarette. Whenever an excuse pops up. Have you ever heard a non smoker suggest they would love to light up when a reward was there for the taking. Once a smoker, always a potential smoker. Can not afford to light up. Not even once. Food for thought.
  • weewillem April 10, 2018 | 21:17
    I wonder if your skin is breathing better, after all, it is the largest organ in your body.
  • Paidi April 11, 2018 | 4:35
    Hi jw, I guess I'd better not mow the grass for a while! Keep up the quit. You are giving me inspiration
  • Jw, Western Sydney April 11, 2018 | 14:11
    Hi Lia, thank you for the tips. I don't regards smoke as a rewards anymore. but the wanting thoughts just coming up from here and there. Funny I have half pack of smoke left in my bed side draw, but never been tempted to take one out to smoke despite the wanting thoughts.
  • Jw, Western Sydney April 11, 2018 | 14:21
    Hi Weewillem, I"ve been to the GP today, and he says that it is normal, as my skin will be more sensitive from now on, and I will get use to it very soon.
  • colloquial April 12, 2018 | 12:35
    Great effort JW..you are doing great,the little side effects mean nothing mate,onwards from here to 70,then 80 and 90 and 100 days.You have got this.No matter what JW do not smoke..
  • Lia April 12, 2018 | 22:41
    Hi JW. I must say I still have 4 1/2 packs of Dunhill and half a pack of Davidoff. Nearly 3 years, as I said. A good reminder of what $150 looks like before it is in an ashtray. Hmmm