WendyOhNo
23/09/2016

Five Hundred Ninety Two days

Posted in Quit experiences 06 Apr 2018

Hello Quitters!

I dropped in to check on everyone. I am happy to report that I’m at 592 days and I still haven’t had a slip up. If you are a new quitter, have courage. This gets easier by the day. If you are in your first week, know that this is the biggest hurdle. The fog lifts sometime in week 2.

The key to succeeding is the absolute refusal to have to start back at Day One again. Decide now that you are only going to have one Day One and that you are never going to repeat it.

• Dobbin April 07, 2018 | 3:20
    Hi WendyOhNo. Great to hear from you and fantastic you have done so well with your quit. The initial days of angst seem a hundred years away and yes worth going through every minute of it for the brilliant rewards of quitting.
  • WendyOhNo April 07, 2018 | 4:02
    Hey Dobbin, those were definitely days of angst! So glad they are far behind. I hope to help new quitters understand that the hard part ends a lot quicker than thry think it will.
  • Sad_Mushroom, Southern NSW April 07, 2018 | 15:54
    Thank you WendyOhNo. I'm at 18 days and although I'm pretty positive it's always good to hear from people like yourself who are leading the way. It gives me hope and something to look forward to.
  • Lookingforfreedom1 April 07, 2018 | 20:17
    Thanks for sharing your story on day51 still getting craving days and on Champix . Worries me a bit but keep going 🙂
  • NotThisTime April 08, 2018 | 3:42
    WendyOhNo, so nice to see you posting again. I look for your postings as you are around 4 months ahead of me and helped me through some tough times reading your own experiences at the timeline I was quit. One in particular I remember is when you were standing in the check out line at the gas station and was ready to get the pack of smokes (I think you were close to a year quit). You found strength and did not give in to the nicodemon. Hearing that you had the experience prepared me for what might come and that I could make it through the craving. Congrats on being over 500 days!
  • hallibean April 08, 2018 | 13:45
    Your right, this is my day one and I DO NOT want to repeat it!!!
  • YesicanQUIT, Hunter New England April 09, 2018 | 21:53
    Well done
    Ive had a bad day and didnt give in :)
    You are an inspiration...
  • jellycake April 19, 2018 | 21:47
    You are a great inspiration to me!