Nearing 3 months smoke free!

Posted in Quit experiences 18 Feb 2018

I m so proud of myself for being smoke free this long. I never thought I would be able to do it! It feels great to go out and not be looking for a smoking area or having to part from the crowd to find somewhere to smoke. My breathing has improved but I am hoping it will get even better as time moves on. No coughing, no phlegm, saving heaps of money. Both myself and my hubby quit around the same time so we have saved shitloads! We are both planning on retiring later this year and I was beginning to wonder how we could afford to smoke then but now don't have to worry about that! Yahoo. I am determined.

• AngieB, Southern NSW February 18, 2018 | 13:24
    So happy for you, and you have so very much to be proud of!!! Just Awesome.
  • Puffer February 18, 2018 | 13:32
    Thanks AngieB. It is nice that we all support each other!
  • Red-67 February 19, 2018 | 2:36
    Go Puffer !!
    That's great ! Just don't look back. Bask in the joy of being free :)
  • Puffer February 19, 2018 | 9:33
    Thanks Red-67. I love how we all encourage each other. It is so nice. Such a positive place to be.........
  • Pegster February 21, 2018 | 2:04
    Just approaching the 3 week mark. Ugh.... It has gotten harder, not easier! Cold turkey only way to work for me. Found this site and glad for it. I think it will be the reason I have success in quitting - especially all the support. Thankful from Texas!
  • Puffer February 21, 2018 | 18:13
    Hey Pegster. Good for you. There is not a day go by that i dont crave a smoke but i remain focused on the outcome which is to improve my health. That keeps me from caving in. All the best with your journey. 3 weeks smokefree is something to be proud of.
  • LizRokka, Northern Sydney February 22, 2018 | 18:45
    So inspiring. What strategies did you use to get through the craving times/days.?
  • Puffer February 22, 2018 | 21:32
    Hey LizRokka. Thank you. Not having any smokes in the house helps. But i still crave everyday. I have so many dramas in my life also. Enuf to make anyone start up again. I get so angry at times too. But it all passes. I do something tjat changes my focus. Such as checking emails or Facebook or going for a walk. There is always something to occupy your mind. Determination is the key. I suffer quite badly from asthma but get excited about physical achievements such as climbing stairs at lookouts. I did the stairs at Bruny Island lookout yesterday but struggled at Mt Wellington lookout today.
  • Lookingforfreedom1 March 15, 2018 | 8:26
    Well done . Hope your health continues to improve !
  • Rocky1947 March 20, 2018 | 4:19
    I smoked 10 to 12 cigg for 2 years, I am on my 156th day but m coughing lots of phlegm at alternate of day or night for 2 month...that make me worry😩
  • Puffer March 20, 2018 | 12:51
    Hey Rocky1947, perhaps you should see a doctor regarding the phlegm. I was like that for a couple of weeks after giving up but have no phlegm or coughing now.