Freakboy
15/01/2012

Hell of a week

Posted in Hints and tips 20 Apr 2012

108 days smoke free so far. Well this week has been tough I am treading water at work waiting on the next job as such I have been sitting at someone else's desk just keeping busy. On Tuesday I finally opened the top drawer of the desk and bam. Sitting there is a cigarette lighter and half a pack of Winnie's my old brand of smokes. I picked up the pack opened it and smelt inside of it. OMG did they smell so good !!!!!! I put them straight back in the drawer and closed it. I have spent the rest of the week with this temptation right next to me. I'm proud to say I stayed strong. As good as those damn things smelt I know I am one puff away from commencing my addiction exactly where I left it 100 plus days ago. Enjoy the weekend everyone.

• dr.feelgood, Western NSW April 20, 2012 | 19:29
    hope you can.
  • NowaNonSmoker!, Western Sydney April 20, 2012 | 21:56
    Well done freakboy. There's no such thing as "just one". Give yourself a big pat on the back and have a great weekend secure in the knowledge that you beat the smokes again!
  • fall guy April 20, 2012 | 22:50
    Well done Freakboy, I think you should have shown true dedication.....and smashed them to bits!! you still can on monday!!?? have a good old smoke free weekend!!
  • MickeyJ, Southern NSW April 21, 2012 | 18:43
    Awesome willpower! You are the heavy weight champion of willpower dude! I'm on day 96 today and while working on building a chicken coup, stopped for about 20 seconds ... 20 long seconds and thought about going to the shop for a pack of smokes. Had there been a stray pack in the drawer, who knows. Well done to you Freakboy!!
  • Chrisco April 22, 2012 | 10:33
    Burn the buggers in a fire all together not one at a time
  • Gayld, Northern NSW April 22, 2012 | 14:12
    Way to go freakboy, you have more willpower than I do at the moment. I have been feeling like MickeyJ and also bought a packet!! Well done!!
  • Gam, Hunter New England April 22, 2012 | 17:53
    Wow Freakboy,
    Honestly that is some serious willpower you got going on. I really don't think I could have ignored that whole senario,If I picked up that packet I think i would have taken one and smoke it.
    Congrats to you, your willpower and your 100+ days xoxo