Steve01
6/01/2014

500 DAYS OF FREEDOM

Posted in Staying quit 05 Dec 2017

Hi fellow quitters. Another milestone reached for my personal quit journey today. I live with a chain smoker so getting here is even more special for me and I feel stronger for it.

It really is a mindset thing and no matter how or what aids you use, the important thing is to quit completely with the conviction of forever. Thanks Champix, thanks "My Quit Buddy" app (highly recommend it) and thanks " I Can Quit" forum. We all need support and inspiration. $16000 saved, 15,000 cigarettes not smoked. Unfortunately 10kg gained...gotta keep working on that.

Good luck and wishes for continued success to you all and thanks for being a part of mine!

• Dougie52 December 05, 2017 | 21:06
    Well done Steve!! Living with a chain smoker must be difficult, maybe your achivement will encourage them to give up too.
  • jenno211058 December 05, 2017 | 21:40
    Steve01...great going and what alot of headstrong determination
    you must of had and still do to overcome the enticement of still having a smoker in close proximity in your breathing space....
    Hi 5s to you.
  • Brooky December 05, 2017 | 23:00
    Congratulations Steve! Well done! I am just 50 days clean but I am sure I will arrive at your stage very soon. Keep it up, happy for you!
  • Steve01 December 06, 2017 | 11:07
    Thanks Dougie, Jenno and Brooky. Yes, living with another smoker certainly contributed to a few past back slides but it's made me much more confident about where I am today. I only wish she'd quit too because I hear her declining health each morning. :-(
  • weewillem December 06, 2017 | 23:14
    Neatly 2 years for you - I am envious :(
  • Steve01 December 07, 2017 | 11:16
    Thanks weewillem... I'll be wrapped when I can say two years.
  • storm, Murrumbidgee December 07, 2017 | 19:09
    congrats Steve01, well done I also live with a smoker sometimes I think that actually helped me I also worked with all smoker so well done to us both just goes to show it's all about mind set
  • Steve01 December 07, 2017 | 19:25
    Hey thanks Storm...appreciate very much your response and sharing. Nice to hear from some of the other long time travelers on this site. You're doing so well yourself and I remember well your difficulties in the early days. Your longevity has been an inspiration too.
  • Mallapatta December 10, 2017 | 15:16
    Very encouraging as I also live with a smoker.
  • Rachel2011, South Eastern Sydney January 08, 2018 | 13:07
    Congratulations Steve, that is an awesome effort to give up especially living with a chain smoker.
  • Steve01 January 08, 2018 | 14:08

• LizRokka, Northern Sydney February 22, 2018 | 18:52
    OMG, 15,000 cigarettes not smoked...can forget how many ciggies have smoked in my life time. I dread to think.