South Western Sydney

Change everything about the habit.....

Posted in Staying quit 01 Sep 2017

Smoke-free for one year and three months! I've started working at a location that I worked when I was a smoker. I avoid all smokers areas! I don't even look in that direction if I have to walk near it. Unavoidably i'm always walking past people on the footpath having a smoke. I hold my breath as much as possible and remind myself of the hard work I've done to finally quit. It visually looks familiar to see people smoking but I am happy to not smell and not be completely dependant an a drug I tried decades ago. If your struggling right now with your quit please know it does get easier. Keep determined and you'll succeed!

• Steve01 September 01, 2017 | 14:51
    Hi Jane

Thanks for the first post of the month and big congrats on your continued success!

• Lia September 01, 2017 | 21:20
    Hi Jane1. Don't look back. Enjoy the ride. Hope you are enjoying a healthier bank balance not to mention the ability to breathe.
  • Berend September 02, 2017 | 9:15
    congrats on your succes and keep it up my friend
  • Cagmsla September 10, 2017 | 23:48
    I'm jealous but CONGRATS. That's fabulous & look forward to being as successful! Working on my quit date. Wish me luck!
  • ronryan65, Western NSW October 07, 2017 | 23:33
    Well Done you Deserve a Medal, I hope I can make that far and get my Life back
  • Robin, South Eastern Sydney October 29, 2017 | 18:38
    I hated the thought of actually starting on my quit date. 24th oct ( 5 days ago ). I needn't have worried, i came down with a bad virus on my quit day, threw on a patch and looked after my health. I've been a heavy smoker for 44 yrs and know this will be no walk in the park.