chief
South Eastern Sydney
25/03/2012

My Body is Hurting on Day Three but Doing Well.

Posted in Staying quit 28 Mar 2012

Just got home from work on day three. I'm still feeling very positive, but my chest pains are worse and it's even harder to breathe sometimes than before I quit. Cough is also chronic.

My body is aching but I'm hanging in there, really must quit though I must admit I thought I'd feel better in the chest etc, not worse. I'm hoping it's my body adjusting!!

Anyway staying strong and determined. The smokes are out.

• Gayld, Northern NSW March 28, 2012 | 19:31
    Hi Chief, do you think that maybe you should have it checked out at the Drs? My chest felt better when I first gave up. Something to think about anyway!
  • chief, South Eastern Sydney March 28, 2012 | 20:08
    Thanks Gayld, I think your right. Might see the Doc on weekend and find out whats going on.
    Congrats to you on day twelve by the way.
  • Ican March 28, 2012 | 21:03
    I agree with Gayld, chief..this may need a check up...besides it will set your mind at ease...and then you can continue to rock on...

Hugs and kind thoughts...
  • Roseyk March 28, 2012 | 21:54
    I felt awful for the first 6-8 weeks after I gave up smoking. I had a chronic cough as well which kept me up all night. I was worried so I saw my GP who said it was all normal and the body was starting to heal and get rid of all the toxins. I am now nearly 5 months smoke free and have never felt better. You should see your doctor to check you out but it sounds like your body is just adjusting to not smoking anymore, I'm sure you will be fine:)
  • chief, South Eastern Sydney March 29, 2012 | 5:27
    Thanks everyone, you all rock. I'll duck to the gp on weekend for peace of mind and keep going strong.
  • Gayld, Northern NSW March 29, 2012 | 17:38
    Let us know how you get on with the DR Chief!
    Hugs xx