Free forever
Illawarra Shoalhaven
13/04/2017

Not one puff ever

Posted in Hints and tips 28 May 2017

Hi everyone just checking in....2nd day with patch and traveling okay...one or two thought but just keep saying NOPE...been busy sewing....hope you all had a good weekend....Kim will do what you have advised towards the end of the week ....thanks good advise.

• Kim26 May 29, 2017 | 16:28
    Hey my NOPE friend 😃

I'm glad to be of help anytime. It's wonderful that you've only experienced minimal cravings and were able to NOPE them away. Any form of NRT isn't going to take everything away. The clear message I want to give to you is that you're the one doing a majority of the work!! I hope you gain confidence with that. I still craved in the early weeks but it allowed me to gain my confidence and allow myself time to deal with the habit part also. I still use a very low strength cut up lozenge occasionally but I'm okay with that. I'm not ashamed and I don't feel weak for doing so. I've been going through extremely challenging times so I take pride in the fact that I'm still smoke free.
    I'm sure tapering down is going to work for you and I also believe that you're smart enough to do it in a sensible way that suits you.

I really like you very much so I'm more than happy to help you x
  • homebody81, Illawarra Shoalhaven May 29, 2017 | 17:15
    Thanks Kim ....I have got my mindset right. It is my 3rd day today and I am doing okay even when something upset me today ,and thought I need a cig I just said to myself sorry but you don't smoke anymore!!! So I am determined no more cigs know matter what....thanks so much for you support xx
  • Kim26 May 29, 2017 | 19:41
    Great going!! Sorry something upset you but a cig makes you believe it will fix everything when it only makes things worse. I've got your back, good and bad.
  • homebody81, Illawarra Shoalhaven May 29, 2017 | 19:54
    Thanks Kim 26 ....think I will be okay , special now that I have been through a stressful day and did not crumble.
  • gools, Northern NSW May 30, 2017 | 8:26
    Hi Homebody,

Congratulations on you giving up smoking it is day 23 for me and thanks to Champix the road has been better this time than other times I have tried to give up, I have realised it not just the Champix its my mind that is finally made the decision as this is the first time after many attempts I haven't given in to the cigarettes, I keep saying to myself they are not going to control me anymore I am controlling them. Like you I have smoked for many years, but we can do it and we will, keep up the good work and keep posting.
  • homebody81, Illawarra Shoalhaven May 30, 2017 | 18:50
    Thanks gools ....my second time , started in April for the first time in 56 years ever and went for 29 days and then fell of my bike!!!....got back on and started again so 3 days now....Keep saying NOPE ( not one puff ever )...Good luck.
  • AnnieBear May 31, 2017 | 19:57
    I have no money left and yet the only thing we make a decision on is based on whether to buy smokes or not. I desperately want to quit and it's a huge battle. I keep saying tomorrow and never follow through
    So over this I hate it. Any advice?
  • homebody81, Illawarra Shoalhaven May 31, 2017 | 20:49
    AnnieBear....I have smoked for 56 years and in April decided to quit because on a pension I could not afford it anymore spent more on cigs then food or cloths....It was my first attempt and I lasted 29 days cold turkey and slipped up for 2 days then started again and now in 3 hours will be 5 days with patches this time....you need to get your mindset first and really want to do this....okay this is what I do,drink lots of orange juice first day and water also got some vitamin B1 for stress,eat plenty of fruit and keep saying to yourself ( not one puff ever) NOPE......hope that will help and post everyday because we are all here to help each other.....good luck you can do this.
  • homebody81, Illawarra Shoalhaven May 31, 2017 | 22:04
    Kim26 ....have sent message to see if I have right address....thanks for that, was a hard day, but did not give in. X
  • Kim26 June 01, 2017 | 7:27
    Hiya,

Yes I got the test message x
  • AnnieBear June 02, 2017 | 11:37
    Thanks Homebody81, today is my first day .. it's been 1 hour LOL... I am already saying stupid stuff in my head !! "If I just buy a 20 pack then when they are finished that's it" ... it's so stupid. My husband is in a foul mood (he's quitting too) and he won't talk to me. It's gonna be rough but I'm determined to stop this stupid addiction.
  • homebody81, Illawarra Shoalhaven June 02, 2017 | 15:16
    Best to throw out cigs lighters and ashtrays and if you tempted to buy you will then buy more.....Just try and keep yourself busy....good luck you can do this......NOPE
  • homebody81, Illawarra Shoalhaven June 02, 2017 | 15:18
    Kim26 .....feel better today and the spray is helping with the cravings ....hope you are okay to.