Cranky76
14/07/2015

You keep a knocking....

Posted in Hints and tips 02 Dec 2016

Wow, it's been days upon days of cravings. They are so evil yet seductive and promise you some relief if you just give in. It's all so deceptive but so extremely powerful. I now know why it has taken a few quit attempts to get where I am. I know, from past relapses, that a smoke is not going to take any situation away or make it better. After that cigarette the issue/problem/disaster will still be there.

At the moment it's striking when I'm at my weakest and I really hate it for that. It's so unfair and cruel that when there are troubles in your life that nicotine cravings keeps a knocking... Well this time it can't come in!

I've been around this block before and I'm stronger, smarter and I'm a fighter.

• WendyOhNo December 03, 2016 | 3:32
    What day are you in now? It'd hard to keep track of everyone!

You are right, smoking is only a temporary solution. A cigarette doesn't make the problem go away, it makes the problem worse because you've now also picked up a nasty addiction that is costly and deadly. Stay strong. Thus really can be your final attempt to quit!
  • Lizzie 1, Western NSW December 03, 2016 | 9:37
    Great attitude Cranky
  • Dobbin December 03, 2016 | 11:16
    Stay strong Crankey you are a real hero on this forum. We can promise the cravings won't kill you and deep breaths will see you through. I can promise that they will go and be just a distant memory. The promised land is not too far away and milk and honey will replace those cravings.
  • Miss lizzy December 03, 2016 | 14:41
    Hang in there cranky, you can do this, and you are right about this addiction, you are strong and cigarettes have no value to your beautiful life 😍
  • Lia December 04, 2016 | 17:02
    We are all stronger, smarter and so determined to quit, (to borrow your words). We mostly get here because someone's post says something smart, maybe simple and what resonates loud and clear and that makes so much sense that we wear it like a badge. Never ceases to amaze me how much strength I get from the posts of others on this site.
  • Caz Kib, Hunter New England December 11, 2016 | 22:15
    Posts like yours are keeping me strong thank you😄
  • SueR January 03, 2017 | 8:20
    You can do this Cranky! Yes, nicotine cravings are very cruel and unfair. I liken them to the devil; they try everything to get you to smoke. But don't give in! Just shoo them out of your mind. It will get easier with each passing hour, and each passing day. When you climb in bed at night, you can pat yourself on the back and say you made it through the day and didn't smoke and that is huge! One day at a time. Hang in there, it will get easier!