TOP TEN TIPS FOR QUITTING
You are more likely to quit if you try more than one technique. Different approaches suit different people.
1. Get free support from our professional quit smoking advisors
Talking one-to-one can increase your chances of quitting. You don’t need to be ready to quit straight away. Quitline will help you get ready, and help you work out what will work best for you.
Call 13 7848 now or request a call back
2. Stay focused with Quit Plan
My Quit Plan is an online quit smoking tracking tool that can help you:
- Track how much money you can save when you quit
- Set a quit date to aim for
- Track the number of cigarettes you smoke each day
- Get email support during your quit attempt
Register A Quit Plan Now
3. Get daily support with the Quitly chatbot
‘Quitly’, available now on Facebook Messenger, offers 24/7 interactive and personalised information, prompts, and encouragement to help you on your quit smoking journey.
4. Get help from real ex-smokers
One of the hardest things about quitting can be finding people who understand what you are going through. At iCanQuit.com.au we have 100s of fellow quitters who have shared their quitting experiences and can offer tips and support.
Visit the iCanQuit forum
5. Smooth the ride with Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) can help to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings, by releasing a smaller, measured dose of nicotine. It can increase the chance of quitting smoking by up to 60% compared to quitting without help.
Learn about NRT
6. Talk to your doctor about quit smoking medication
Using quit smoking medication can increase your chances of quitting smoking. It is available on prescription from a doctor, so talk to your doctor about which medication is right for you.
Find a GP near you
7. Use mobile apps for support on the go
People who smoke are more likely to quit if they use mobile-based smoking apps to help their quit attempt. Quit smoking apps can provide helpful tips and distractions to overcome cravings, tracking systems to chart your progress and the facts to help you understand the impact smoking has on your health.
Download the app that's right for you
8. Order a free Quit Kit
Order your free Quit Kit. Packed with info, tips and ideas it will help you take the next step on your quit smoking journey, and it’s delivered to your door.
Order a Quit Kit
9. Calculate how much money you can save
It’s amazing what a motivator money can be! Find out how much money you can save when you quit smoking. Start planning what you could do with all that extra cash in your pocket.
Calculate your Savings
10. Stay on track once you quit
If you’ve quit smoking – well done! Check out these tips to help you stay on track.
Tips for staying on track