Flora
28/01/2016

World NO tobacco day!

Posted in Quit experiences 31 May 2016

Every year, this day has come and gone without it meaning anything to me, BUT today it means a whole lot, cause Ive done it.... day 18 smoke free and I couldn't be happier. I am weaning myself off Champix by taking .5 tab only, every second morning and have been doing this for 1 week now and feel absolutely fine.

• storm, Murrumbidgee May 31, 2016 | 20:10
    Congratulations on 18 days smoke free, what a great achievement. Sounds like your in a very good place, stay vigilant and strong.
  • Flora May 31, 2016 | 21:11
    Thanks so much storm, much appreciated.
  • WhiteWillow May 31, 2016 | 21:45
    Excellent news, Flora, that's amazing.
  • weewillem May 31, 2016 | 21:53
    Great news Flora, so much to look forward to ☺
  • Steve01 May 31, 2016 | 22:26
    So Flora...18 days ...Does that mean you're not doing the full 12 week program?
  • Flora May 31, 2016 | 22:45
    Thanks guys. That's right Steve.....I have been on them now for a total of 5 weeks.......halved the dose at the 2.5 week mark as they were too strong for me (i am petite) , and now weaning off. I know it is not recommended to do it this way but it feels right for me. Just to add, I was never a heavy smoker however have been smoking for years, I chose to go with Champix because my husband smokes, which made it harder for me to go cold turkey. So i really needed the kick start and now i feel I have it.
  • Siobhain-Marie June 01, 2016 | 1:17
    Well done Flora that's fabulous!! I'm on the champix too so please let us know how you get on weaning yourself off them :) And again Brilliant!!! Keep up the good work :D
  • Flora June 01, 2016 | 8:53
    Thank you Siobhain. Yes, I will keep updating on here.
  • IC June 01, 2016 | 17:16
    that's the way stay smoke free it is a much easier life :)

IC
  • Steve01 June 01, 2016 | 18:52
    Well done Flora...oh I wish Id been a light smoker and could do the same. My wife is a heavy smoker so I know what you mean..certainly adds to the challenge but I believe will make it a stronger quit for me.
  • Flora June 01, 2016 | 19:20
    Thanks IC and Steve. Whatever works for each person, the ultimate goal is the same......we can do this!!!
  • JazzyKelly71 June 02, 2016 | 12:56
    Well done and fantastic effort there is no better feeling than knowing you can can achieve a smoke free life, live and breathe easier never going back to the Evil Smoking Empire's products. We are all in this together a future smoke free, healthier, wealthier and free. The quit smoking Force be with you.
  • Flora June 02, 2016 | 19:52