MargW
Hunter New England
13/03/2013

Dont give up on yourself

Posted in Staying quit 22 Mar 2015

Wow its been 739days just over 2 years. I looked back over my stories and yes I definitely struggled and as much as people said it gets easier I really didn't believe them or part was hopeful. So all I will say is never give up on yourself. Don't give into your mind giving you every reason to have one, counter act with why you shouldn't. Sweat it out, scream in pillows, go for a walk if for any reason just to vent and another to show you how un healthy you feel and remind you how much better it will be to walk without puffing. Good luck and Keep up the good work , you are worth it... yes it does get better :)

Report abuse ← Previous Story Next Story →

• MHP , Southern NSW March 22, 2015 | 13:23
    Thanyou for your comment. It gives hope to others along their quit smoking journey.
    739 days smokefree is a wonderful achievement and something to be very proud of
    yourself for. Well done!
  • MHP , Southern NSW March 22, 2015 | 13:23
    739 days smokefree is a wonderful achievement and something to be very proud of
    yourself for. Well done!
  • MargW , Hunter New England March 22, 2015 | 15:27
    Thankyou, it was a power of the wills but I made it.
  • BernieGee , South Western Sydney March 22, 2015 | 18:24
    marvelous achievement
  • jayh , Mid North Coast March 23, 2015 | 8:28
    thanks for this! my quit date is next monday and i am very nervous...the champix is helping me but i am still doubting myself, even though i really do want to stop smoking forever... your comments have helped me :)
  • MargW , Hunter New England March 23, 2015 | 9:03
    jayh you are making a big step and it is ok to feel the way you do, after all you are saying goodbye to something you like. It is a emotional ride as well as a physical one. You are strong enough to make the decision to quit you have the strength within to do it. Be kind to yourself as well, long deep breaths when my cravings started helped.
  • GiveItUp March 23, 2015 | 12:38
    Good on you MargW - what an awesome achievement!!!
  • GiveItUp March 23, 2015 | 12:38
    Good on you MargW - what an awesome achievement!!!
  • Nannette , Hunter New England August 30, 2015 | 20:41
    Hi Marg, I went back through your posts and looked at your journey and what an inspirational story it has been.one word describes you and that is a LEGEND.well done huge congratulations.as you know the long term stories shows all us beginners that it can be done. As a beginner you start to realise that life is a dash of good,glad sad and sometimes bad times but whatever time we are in we certainly don't need a cigarette.x